Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bu request i have reposted the following shows in one ZIP file for those who missed out when they were posted before. Please grab them while you can because it seems as soon as i post these someone has them removed... Enjoy!

CHICAGO Live at Barnabys May 1968
01. Mr. Blue
02. Lady Madonna
03. Liberation
04. Mr. Blue
05. Wake Up Sunshine
06. Darlin'
07. Sunshine Of Your Love
08. One More Heartache
09. Ninety Nine & A Half Just Won't Due
10. With A Little Help From My Friends
11. Foxy Lady
12. Dancing In The Streets
13. Losing You
14. You Don't Know Like I Know
15. Purple Haze
16. Purple Haze

CHICAGO Live At Barnabys June 1968
01. Hey Joe
02. Mississipi Delta City Blues
03. 12th Street Rag
04. Dedicated To Girl Number One
05. I'm A Man (Incomplete)
06. Loneliness Is Just A Word
07. I'm A Man
08. Liberation
09. Liberation (Continued)
10. Liberation (Continued)
11. Instrumental Jam

CHICAGO Live At The Itchy Foot Moose 09/01/1968
01. It Better End Soon
02. Dedicated To Girl Number One
03. Once Upon A Life
04. Terry's Blues (Cut Ending)
05. Terry's Blues
06. Questions 67 & 68
07. Johnny B. Goode
08. Rock Around The Clock
09. Gimmie Some Lovin'
10. Listen
11. Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?
12. Mississipi Delta City Blues
13. Got Tp Get You Into My Life
14. It's Not Unusual
15. Poem 58
16. Mr. Blue
17. Dedicated To Girl Number One
18. Liberation

www.megaupload.com/?d=MMLRGVWF

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
13 minutes after posting - not available.
Lord Vader has struck again.
Try it again i am re-downloading it now!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Oops you're right, working now, thanks ... geez, hearing Chicago in their bar band days in their hometown. Remarkable.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oops you're right, working now, thanks ... geez, hearing Chicago in their bar band days in their hometown. Remarkable.
You're welcome... Hope everyone who wants it can grab it before the Chicago police come around and have them removed "again".

·
Premium Member
8,868 Posts
Thanks for re-posting!! If you like punk check out my hoodoo gurus posts, they are very good!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
oh yeah, i GOT it today!
the rate our internet provider gets to us over-the-air ('clear' it's called) is SO very variable and last night it kept bogging down.
i was hoping i could grab this at my office this AM.
thank you dave!

~

i love the hoodoos too, but the latest re0union sounds SO mainstream rock compared to the energy of the mid to late 80s. thhere's where you could say it's punk, ma-a-aybe.
radio birdman is way more punk than the hoodoos.
BOTH bands are fantastic however.
thanks for your posts too dalmar.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh yeah, i GOT it today!
the rate our internet provider gets to us over-the-air ('clear' it's called) is SO very variable and last night it kept bogging down.
i was hoping i could grab this at my office this AM.
thank you dave!

~

i love the hoodoos too, but the latest re0union sounds SO mainstream rock compared to the energy of the mid to late 80s. thhere's where you could say it's punk, ma-a-aybe.
radio birdman is way more punk than the hoodoos.
BOTH bands are fantastic however.
thanks for your posts too dalmar.

Everyone is welcome and if anything more from this incredible era surfaces i will be sure to post it...

Dave

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
holy crap this is of very surprisingly good quality, both the playing AND the recording.
including a couple of instances of tape garbling of what was likely (i'm just guessing here) a c-90 cassette that someone's car stereo ate up.
i started with that itchy moose set...what a snapshot of the obviously VERY hardworking CTA! it's tough for that many players to be THAT tight.
as a heads-up, find yourselves some don ellis if THESE horn arrangements knock you on your ass.
the 'don ellis live at fillmore' disc (it's from 1969 also) can be found here and there (ahem)...the CTA guys are great but ellis takes it a few degrees even further.

thanks again dave for this freakin smorgasbord!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Wow. I've only ever seen the official live album from this era, and it's basically a rehash of the CTA album. Never cared much for them after that first album, but the early stuff is amazing. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for reupping these shows. I've been trying to get them since you first uploaded them years ago, but every time I checked they weren't available. An important document of CTA's beginnings!

·
Registered
731 Posts
There used to be Barnaby's in Milwaukee WIS too. Half bar-half restaurant, and you could watch them make pizzas thru the glass. One of the first places to do that. They always had Pabst, Blatz, Old Style on tap....those were the days. Chicago used to come up to MILW and play at the Attic, which was a small and i mean small disco...sort of. The building is still there except now it's SILK a gentleman's club, has been for some time. I think they may have even played at Wine And Roses, which was a BOWLING alley! For those who don't know....the REMASTERED Carnegie set came with a tour date list from 1968 all the way thru to 1971. Makes for identifying some shows you might have with no exact dates to them. Good to see some of the early shows out there in decent quality. I actually remember seeing them in Rockford quite a few times back then too. Isn't it about time, Cetera just caved and joined again for old times sake? How about memorializing Terry Kath....bet the family members would DIG that.......thanks for putting these up again.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
How about memorializing Terry Kath....bet the family members would DIG that.......thanks for putting these up again.
Kath is memorialized through the Terry Kath Memorial Scholarship Fund at de Paul University (for which Chicago played a benefit concert at Park West in 1982) and now through what is to be an annual Terry Kath Tribute Concert (with the involvement of original drummer Danny Seraphine and producer James William Guercio). See www.terrykathtributeconcert.com for more info on this year's event and a video at www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjsmPXaeeKg. At the concert it was announced that there will be an upcoming book biography on Kath.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts