1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
Good post VB. Restringing is so often overlooked. One of the very few things I got from my three guitar lessons when I started out was how to properly restring a guitar. Priceless :thumb:

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Nobody ever really taught me....I guess I just wing it......but I am actually cutting the ball end off my strings now and putting them in the right direction. I did just put a set of Markley coated strings (very expensive) on my Washburn and they sound REALLY sweet. They keep that acoustic scratch going for a long time.

The one thing I never knew was how to properly get those bridge pegs out. I just grab them with pliers and twist them loose. It says in that article to use end cutters and pull them up....I'll try that next time.:thumb:

·
Registered
733 Posts
glad taylor got an electric thing going finally...they make some awesome acoustics. :rock: id take a taylor over a martin anyday... :toothless
re-stringing is an art in itself...affects tuning, tone, string life...etc.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad it helped ya VHfan... a freind posted it on another board and was kind enough to let me borrow it and stick it over here. Might as well share the wealth...
VB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts