Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I am going to be showing my age here, but this is one of my favorite songs from when Fleetwood Mac was Fleetwood Mac. I mean way back when Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer and Danny Kirwan were on guitars, and Lindsay Buckingham was just a gleam in his daddy's eye. Anyway, this is Albatross from about 1968, no flash, just a nice melody. I think there is a little clipping going on in my recording, but I was too tired/lazy to redo it, so you get it warts and all.

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Naifuzan said:
That's the way I like fleetwood mac as well. I wasnt around at the time tho.
Like their pure blues stuff more tho.
Anyway, great playing and feeling on this one.
You captured the essence of the song really well.

Well you might not have been around at the time, but someone obvously raised you right if you like their pure blues better :rock: I'm thinking about trying Jigsaw Puzzle Blues next, it was the B side of Albatross.

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rain: Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Tumbleweed: Now that I am not so tired, I really hear the clipping more, might have to redo it.

Matt: Yeah, Mick Fleetwood, and John McVie have always been the constants.

Thanks for your comments everyone. :rock:

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your comments Mare, always appreciated, and SLoB, I know the tone is too bright, sigh, between that and the clipping, I'm going to have to do it again. I want it to sound good, because I am going to make a CD of my favorite instrumentals for Christmas gifts this year. Won't that make the in-laws happy? :sssh:

·
Registered
574 Posts
This is a great rendition. I agree the guitar might be a bit bright but the playing is excellent!!! I might be showing my age here too... but man.. that brought back the memories!!

Janell

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Yeah, there is actually a lot of clipping going on. But it still sounds good.

·
Registered
442 Posts
great job. you got to redo to get rid of that clipping and repost then it would be perfect great vibe though i like the old stuff keep it comming :thumb:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.