Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was flippin' throught he channels yesterday and stopped when I saw the band Heart playing live on the Ellen Degeneres show. I've always loved Heart especially their more 80's hard rockin stuff but...they were playing Barracuda and I thought it sounded horrible
The guitar playing was sloppy and over distorted. I can play that live waaaaaaay better than that. Anyone else see them? The vocals were great though. Have they always been sloppy live?

I was shocked and disappointed to say the least.

·
MOON RULES!
450 Posts
they were better in 02 and 03 when t hey had Alice in Chains basssit Mike Inez and Ex-GNR Guitarist Gilby Clarke in the band.......Then they were tight. I think Mike is still in the band.. he still has his long hair.. did ya see him?..personally. i liked heart way back when.. i dont care for em anymore.. but their new album is selling pretty good.. which feature gilby and mike on the album.. Gilby is not p art of it no more

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
Hmmm I saw nancy once on howard stern quite awhile back , just her and her guitar and she sang a lil as she played . That was killer ! Didnt see them on the ellen show tho so cant comment on that . Use to love them as well . Maybe they were just havin one of those day lol where nothing went right ... who knows . I take it Anne was there singin ? Is she still big as a house ???

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
If I could merge Ann and Nancy Wilson into one woman (plays guitar like Nancy and sings like Ann and as attractive as both), I would do whatever it took to get that woman to marry me.

That's too bad that they were not sounding too good. I've seen them play and sound great before so maybe it was just a bad night.

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
Yeah I agree ! They use to be awesome ! Thats great she had that surgery done cuz even tho Im a woman I'll agree that much more emphases is placed on how a woman looks than there is onna man ... I mean u can be a man and look like total ass and play guitar and your "all that" hahaha ... But us women gotta do both lol . Sad but true lol ! She has a killer voice tho . One of the only female singers I really care to listen to . She has a gift indeed !

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Yeah, ya gotta watch out for that surgical procedure though. I know three people who have had it performed (the stomach thing) and they all lost an incredible amount of weight. However, a lady that I work with (1 cube over and down) had that procedure done and at least once or twice a day, she lets off some gas that smells horrible, like a Johnny on the Spot that tipped over or something awful like that. Reminds me of the scene in Shawshenck Redemption near the end where Tim Robbins' character break out of jail and has to crawl through like 3 football fields length of sewage pipe to get out. Ewwww!...........Uhhhh, but anyways, yeah...Heart. Great band.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I've seen them several times in the mid 80's and as recient as 3 years ago in an acoustic set......there kinda hit and miss, a couple of the shows were great, acouple not so great.....

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
stingx said:
I used to "punch it" to Nancy in my early teens...

[/ QUOTE ]

I still do, LOL!!!

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
I've seen em live bout 10 years back. they rocked. but i never heard band play on a talk show that sounded really good, and they didn't sound horriblr, but my question is, the bassist looked like the dude from poison. ithink it was.

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
VanMan2000 said:
[ QUOTE ]
stingx said:
I used to "punch it" to Nancy in my early teens...

[/ QUOTE ]

I still do, LOL!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

geez

·
Registered
21 Posts
heart ellen barracuda 2007

go check out the difference between 2004 and 2007! it is so major....

and i must say that ann's vocals have actually gotten BETTER! search barracuda ellen and you will see what i mean!

lead guitarist blows though....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.