Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you guys use for recording demos? You know, something that I could use to record my guitar and put it on my computer with good quality.

The GNX3 looked pretty nice for some recording, but after further research it appears to me that it's more of a multi effects pedal. What do you guys think a person new to recording should use?

·
Registered
165 Posts
There are several things you could use and I hate to say it depends. :crazy: I have a Line6 POD and it is great for DAW use but again I like the sound of tubes so I also use my Marshall with a mic. If volume is a concern i would go with a LINE6 or VOX unit. They sound really good and you can put them thru a tube mic pre to warm them up alittle. I also have the GuitarPort from Line6 but I dont like it as much as my POD. Mainly because I use a MAC and it is not supported by Line6 yet.

-Bill

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
I use a VAmp which does just about everything a POD does, and under a hundred bucks :D. There are even sited that you can convert POD patches and use them in your Vamp thorugh a computer interface. Click on my little boom box under my name to see a list of my recordings, then listen to a few. Those were all done with my VAmp. :thumb:

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
Well my recordings have improved i think since i have used the v-amp. Gr8 buy. I also improved my sound by getting the delta breakout box. It basically has 4 1/4 inch ins and outs, and a good sound card. You don't want to go direct with a microphone input. juz my opinion. Another thing i am studying up on is a book called-home recording for musicians, and the chapter that really made me re-evaluate recording is understanding how to eq things. It is so essential, and i am just starting to learn that stuff. Hope that helps.:santa:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.