Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Been playing guitar for years. Now want to start recording ideas digitally. Completely and utterly bewildered by the multitude of audio-interfaces.

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 PC with 3GB Ram, and Core 2 Duo Processor and a 7200 rpm disk.

I want to record electric and acoustic guitar tracks in a DAW along with virtual drums, and instruments, so I need an interface with guitar and mic inputs. At the moment, I would only want to record two tracks at a time maximum so two inputs is enough.

For electric guitar I want modelled amps/effects which I can hear DURING recording (guitar rig 3 looks good).

I cannot tolerate any discernible delay in the guitar sound whilst playing along. I also cannot tolerate and discernible delay in the guitar track whilst listening back (I hate farting about with time shifting).

I foolishly rushed out to buy an ALESIS IO/2 interface only to be extremely dissappointed with the recorded guitar sound. It sound great when monitoring but the recorded sound is muddy and lacklustre.

So I am looking for an interface with two inputs (two for guitar and two for mics), with the best quality DAC's and drivers for my OS (XP).

As I say, Guitar Rig 3 looks awesome but it's no good if there is a delay.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Best

Matt

1 - 1 of 1 Posts