Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is guys

I had a lot of fun putting your parts together
and I didnt know dream theatres keyboardist had time to come on to sites like this and contribute

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
begining to 1.33 elecjoy
1.33 to 3.00 me
3.00 to 4.23 andrewtheshreddr
4.23 to 5.07mickey_g107
5.07 to end enigma

G

·
I WISH I were the keyboardist for DT... But I'm merely the Administrator at the Keyboardists forum lol

Although it DOES kinda sound like him a little ;) lol

Awesome jams man. Lovin' it all, totally groovin!

G

·
Okay, REALLY listened to it, and I have some comments:

elecjoy - NICE playing. Very clean, tight and nice phrasing. I could really hear you "breathing" The harmony was nice too.

bbkane - I don't know how I feel about your tone you used.. I think I find it just a touch to fuzzy, but if that's what you want then kudos to you
Playing was right on, the only part was the tapping, but that wasn't even bad so nice job! I DO really like the leading and "mis"leading lines in the background. Awesome!

andrewtheshreddr - Not bad at all! The beginning - was that a harmonizer or was that just a few takes? Very cool. The ONLY thing I'd mention is make sure all your notes are "clean" as possible - it's not so bad by itself but takes away a little bit from the harmonies. Otherwise, nice note selection.

mickey_g107 - Man, I got the blues... OHHHH The blues. Excellent phrasing, nice use of the "less is more" philosophy. I like it. Very well played as well!

The mix: Only suggestion is that I'd maybe bring the keys up to the same levels as the guitars, and the backing was very subtle expecially when there was harmonies going on. I personally like to hear them compliment each other *leads and backing rather* but the backing was very quiet in this one. Again, not a bad thing, just a stylistic thing and that's very much up to the "producer"

All around, very very well done guys. Pat yourselves on the back. Great job!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
enigma sorry about having you low down in the mix
deffinatly not an indication of how i feel about it!
your playing is awesome
sorry for having it low! i'll repost a new one in a little bit

G

·
lol
No worries man! I just found that the sounds I make TEND to cut a little better so have the appearance of being "louder" which isn't your fault at all. I'm just used to mixing my own sounds lol ;)

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
holy shit elecjoy .. that was intense! sweet stuff

bbkane .. that was some pretty cool stuff. . i didn't really liek the tapping that much . .but thats just me i'm not really a big fan of that stuff in general but other than that ... nice stuff !

Andrew : interesting take on that .. the harmonizer stuff was cool ...

Mickey : NICE .. that is exactly the kinda thing i love about this kinda blues stuff solos like that .. so thanks mate .. nice tone too !

Enigma : whoa ! .. you know your blues runs ! .. fantastic stuff

Great work

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
great work guys.
Everyone sounded really into this.

Enigma that was fucking amazing! I thought it was a guitar at first

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
hey fellas well done!

electjoy- seriously what the hell are you? some kind of guitar god? it wasn't too bluesy but still it went right off!! well done man

bbkane, interesting, yeh the tapping wasn't to brilliant but only cause it didn't match the genre, but the playing was good top stuff

andy - yeh man! very strange stuff there! dig it!

enigma - sounds like a guitar! that is incredible, you are amazing!

well down on the mix too bbkane!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yikes! Great jam fellas!!!
bb; interesting ideas man...you have Red House fever! Andy, OK, so that was the strangest thing I have ever heard over blues, but that's why I totally loved it hehe. Mickey, great phrasing and tone dude...a nice change of pace from the King of Vai...amazing man! Enigma, your phrasing has a definate 'guitar hero' vibe to it...I could imagine a hybrid of Shawn Lane\late 80's Holdsworth sounding like that - awesome stuff mate...those lines would have been a bastard to pull off on guitar! Rock out! Thanks for the comments guys, appreciated.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
wow it really turned out great!
i agree enigma that my playing was not all clean.. partly because i wanted to play a high E somewhere and my guitar only has 22 frets hahahahhaahhaha lol.. i randomly played some notes at the beginning haha just off the top of my head lol..

anyways,

elecjoy: wow great intro guitars.. nice harmonies.. nice whammy bar work.. interesting!! great stuff!!!! very complex.. great! SICK!

bbkane: i really like ur fuzzed out great guitar tone...
great tapping licks!! wow!

mickey: the most "blues" sounding stuff!! very authentic!! man i love the feeling u put into ur playing.. great man

enigma: awesome stuff!!! incredible!! very inspiring.. i gotta check out some playing ideas on my keyboard at home hahah!! great stuff!!!

great mixing bbkane!! great job to all!!!!!
KICK ASS!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Thanks man, I forgot to mention...bb great job on the mix! Roll on the next Jam!

·
Registered
240 Posts
So much emotion, to all of u, exactly what the blues are about... It's not how fast you play the notes, its what notes you play
But some of you played fast, with the right notes, so it was like x2 and kudos

·
Registered
470 Posts
Thansk mate...nice to hear from a new guy!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.