Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Yankees Suck!
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few reel to reels of a demo that my old band recorded about 15 years ago. They are the raw unmixed 8 tracks.

I would like to be able to get these tracks to my computer so that I could clean up, remix, then burn them to CD. My question is, how much of a hassle (or how easy) would it be to do this?

I'm looking at a Fostex 8 track reel to reel machine, and a E-MU 404 soundcard. Is there any other hardware I would need? Is there a different soundcard or setup that would be better?

Also, what kind of software could I use to do this? Can Cool Edit handle this with great results, or should I get something like Cubase or Sonar?

Thanks...

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I don't know if you're still looking to an answer to this question, but as long as you can input a clean signal with good recording levels into your soundcard, you should get good results. I can't speak specifically about your soundcard, but if you've used it for other recording purposes and have been happy with it, it should work fine for recording the output of your reel-to-rell deck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts