Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bill Kenwright interviews Priscilla Presley in the year that the King of Rock 'n' Roll would have turned 75.

Born into an Army family in New York, Priscilla went to high school in Wiesbaden, West Germany, where she met her future husband, Elvis Presley. Although Priscilla and Elvis divorced in 1973, they remained close up until his untimely death in 1977.
Priscilla is a successful business woman and her acting work includes Dallas and the Naked Gun trilogy, as well as guest roles in Spin City and Melrose Place. In 1987, her book Elvis And Me spent six weeks at the top of The New York Times bestseller list before being adapted into a television mini-series. She's also developing a stage play based on her life, which is written from the perspective of a teenage girl thrust into the public eye because of her relationship with one of the most famous men in the world.
Priscilla is appearing in Elvis Forever, Radio 2's concert celebrating the music of Elvis Presley, which is live from London's Hyde Park on Sunday 12 September.

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/417833825/PriscillaPRemembersE.rar
83 min. @ 128 kbps.

Thanks to Cherokee on radioarchive.cc for the file.

Bill Kenwright is not my favourite BBC presenter - like Suzi Quatro he's too gushing, a trait more reprehensible in a man than in a woman - but his heart is in the right place when it comes to Rock & Roll. His Golden Years on BBC R2 has some good music, and interesting anecdotes about growing up in Liverpool as Rock & Roll was being born.

Code:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00t26yg

·
Registered
3 Posts
saw Priscilla with Chris Evans at the Elvis Forever show last week.

she looks rough

All thaT plastic surgery has crucified her...

anyway, she spoke to the crowds and seemed very sincere, how long can she milk his fame.....

G

·
How long can she milk his fame.....
I have to stand up for Priscilla on this one, had it not been for her stepping in to find a way to make all of the 'Graceland' themes work - All of the Elvis Presley estate would have been sold for back taxes.

They almost had to file bankruptcy in 1980.

And, as much as I do agree with the 'milking' of... There are many others out there writing books, throwing out videos, and all around trying to act as if they had some part to play in the making of Elvis Presley..

Especially these bootleggers who insist on putting their initials (or name) on concert footage for all the world to see, as if they had anything to do with any of it.

I do thank them for their time, but also wish they'd stop ruining great footage!
:rock:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts