Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back awhile ago I shared a song, and now I'm sharing another. heh

This is a newly recorded song. The final mix and mastering still need to be done, but this is a pretty good mix I think. I'ld appreciate any sort of thoughts or suggestions.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
can hear your bass player likes to be up in the mix ;)
me personally likes bass players to be heard but not at the expense of the guitars or drums ;) heheh
great song tho ;)
___(O_O)___
----- U------ wot no solo? ;)

·
Lead Kazoo-ist
1,433 Posts
Neeto - The music and the mix sound really great. I mean really great. You mentioned somewhere in your other thread for "Katie's Smile", that the vocals "are the strong point of the band probably". Not that the vocals aren't really good, but I think the music (for me) is what gets my attention. I think it sounds very "now". In the first couple of seconds listening to this, I thought it sounded like a Queens of the Stone Age song. I was anticipating a Josh Homme, Scott Weiland or Chris Cornell type of voice. Good luck to you and your band - you guys rock.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Ya band rawks!!

Hey Neeto,

This song is great! I love it. I would play this on my show.

I think the lead vox could be brought out some and it is a bit bassy but man it rocked! Thanks for posting! It's a great addition to my growing G101 library!

Janell

·
Registered
118 Posts
Good song but I wasn't totally struck on the vocals... the guys voice didn't suit the music totally... he can sing good, don't get me wrong.

The drums have a nice sound.

How was this recorded?

·
Yeah, so what?
1,562 Posts
Well that sounded great, vocals included :thumb: Singer reminds me a little Pearl Jam

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm actually the bass player, but I didn't want the bass to be so boomy, and I don't have much of a choice in those sorts of matters. We're heading out to hear a remix of the songs we recorded in this session. Part of the remix will be less boom in the bass (though, it is what our producer kinda wants) and the vocals being brought out more.

The drums are a mix of yamaha and sonor, and our drummer uses a couple different snares. It was recorded with bass and drums together, isolated of course. Then the guitars recorded and finally the vocals, then the backup vocals and a couple little guitar overlays.

Man, I have a 5 string Musicman Bongo with dual humbuckers. I can get a nice growl, or some subsonic boom. It just depends on what my sound is being shaped to. And in these recordings it's not like I had 100% say in it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes. That is correct.
I did hear the final mix on monday, and the bass is more defined and less boomy, while the vocals are up. Can't wait to hear the master. I'll upload it so you guys can compare if you want.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts