Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,i am Nilesh and i am thinking of getting the Ibanez RG320FMTL, I am 17 and i have been playing since I was 8 i have only used a fender stratocaster for 4 years, i have realised i need a guitar that can allow me to explore the world's of Vai and satrianni skills, i have decided to get this model but i am not sure about the differences between edge pro and edge pro II, i know tht vai's jem has edge pro asnd it allows the lowest possible arm moevement so i want that capability,can anyone advise me if edgepro II has this or is better or worse etc and give me a review of this guitar please?

p.s. i live in the u.k

G

·
the edge pro replaces the old Edge trems that are on higher end Ibanez (Prestige lines and Japanese made)

the edgr pro 2 replaces the lower end Lo-TRS trem used on Korean Ibanez guitars.

From what i gathered the edge pro 2 is better than the old Lo-TRS, but the edge pro is still best.

here's some more info.

http://www.jemsite.com/news/edge2003/

G

·
if you're trying to do vai tricks go for the edge pro coz that's what he uses on his jem or better yet get a guitar with the old Edge trem.

and also stay off the low end trems coz it will have a hard time staying in tune (especially if not set up properly) if you do those vai tricks.

G

·
yeah...

Edge Pro - High end Ibanez, Prestige and signature guitars. Mostly guitars made in japan.

Edge Pro II - Lower end Ibanez, Made in Korea

so in your case if you're getting the RG320 it comes with the EdgePro II...rg's that have the EdgePro are one that have 4 numbers like the RG2570 and RG2550...

but in any case as long as you've got a floating trem that is recessed (which means you could pull up and divebomb) you could do steve vai tricks. My guitar has an Orig. Floyd Rose and it does the job.

and the edgepro II are much better quality now than the previous Lo-TRS versions.

G

·
as for the finish, ive seen that particular guitar here in houston and it looks good. the quality should be ok since it's slightly in the higher end of the spectrum compared to my Ibanez GSA 60 which i had for 3 years already and banged it a few times but the paint and finish held up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts