Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Higher ground one more time....changed my approach...I still dunno if I like it very much :dunno:
Used my tweaked up plexitone on this one.
Hmm maybe it is just too loose..lol

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
The lead felt a bit out of place on this one I think. Probably just because it's so different from the feeling in the RHCP version.
Yours was a lot more relaxed, not as agressive.
I guess you were going for your own thing, so thats really nothing to complain about.
Sounded great tho, lots of interesting and fun stuff tossed in here and there.

·
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heh yeah comes from my time in a gospel choir, build up and leave lots of spaces.
Thanks by the way.
:)

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Not familiar with the Peppers version....only the Stevie Wonder version....but this is a killer jam, Rid!!!!:jam:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Naifuzan said:
it's so different from the feeling in the RHCP version.
Yours was a lot more relaxed
Thats one of the reasons i enjoyed this.....nice job bro :woot:

·
Registered
442 Posts
not shure if i recognize the tune .nice tone killer bass. like the panned guitars.nice job :rock:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I always had a feeling Flea started jamming on this and the rest of the Peppers couldn't resist joining in. Who'd have thought Stevie Wonder could be punk'd so easily. :toothless

Rid, this was a cool project and I liked those experimental sounds and riffs you were going for.

·
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to you all...oh man I totally forgot that it was a Stevie Wondertune.
Thanks sgstd for the info.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
i love this song
nice rendition! how did u get the backing track? u made it? ive been looking for classic chili peppers backing tracks..
btw very cool whammy bar work!.. nice tone too

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
This is a tough tune to work with! The Chillies version is kinda like surf music with that wipe out vibe. Rid, check out Dick Dale, maybe that sort of pure rhythmic attack on the strings would work with this tune.

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
I love RHCP!!!...Rid I love how you made this your own hun...As I say thats the best way to do it!!!:icon_thum :icon_thum

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was awesome Rid, love how ya made this one your own, absolute killa job!!! :icon_thum :icon_thum

·
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys:)
Ah Strat I had a version with nothing but that funky rhythmic stuff....thought it became too crowded with all those guitars;)

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
I couldn't imagine a more diverse backing for you to use rid. Some bits do clash a bit but once it gets going it really does the business mate. great jam :thumb:

·
mmmmm.............Beer!!!
695 Posts
Cool twist on this one Rid. Best compliment I can give is that it's recogniseable as you!!:thumb: Nice one, and keep up the good work man!!!!

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
i liked the lead!! better than what John F could do:thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts