Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone knows I don't really do covers or tributes that much but I was bored so I took some drum loops put some metallica riffs to them. Sounded fun...it was....Solo's aren't anything in particular just goofing off over the slow parts. I didn't feel like trying to solo over the fast stuff. If anyone wants to add on feel free. Hope you all enjoy. I apologize for the levels on some of this stuff....my J station has gone to crap and the connections to the computer are not very good anymore. I didn't use the exact riffs either on some of them just adapted them but tallica fans should recognize! Sorry for the clipping.

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Mike this was fkin awesome hun!!!!,,,You took this and made it your own...the best way!!!...I so enjoyed this ...and would love to hear more stuff like this!!...:icon_thum :icon_thum

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Wow this was fkin awesoem Mike, whooooooo Mike on some tallica, lets see if I can guess some of the songs here, that first one sounds like Mama Said, I heard some of For Whom The Bell Tolls and Fade To Black and wow way cool some of Jump In The Fire too, awesoem job dude!!! :thumb: :thumb: :rock: :rock:

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Hey Mike, this was great, man. Really enjoyed this little Metallica improv medley sampler! Had me rockin in my chair.

:rock:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
kick ass medley!!
sounds killer!!! i love the metamorphosis of the intro of frayed ends of sanity riff hehehhe
great job in combining all these interestng pieces of tallica riffs into one big masterpiece of a cover!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
This is bloody great! I especially loved the for whom the bell tolls. Fave Metallica song. Top class effort mate :thumb:

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
I gotta admit that I don't listen to Metallica and don't know their songs....but you played gr8 here, Mike....exlnt tribute!!!:icon_thum

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow guys I really didn't expect this much of a response to this tribute.....I think doing things like this will really help me improve my creativeness. I really enjoyed doing it and glad you all had a good time listening! This makes me want to try more and maybe even learn a song to cover......thanks you guys for all the support

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.