Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
  • Hello guitar enthusiasts! We are pleased to announce an Ask Me Anything discussion thread with Dutch musician Arjen Lucassen. The AMA will be going live on Tuesday, August 10th, and will run until August 12th, and can be found here. Don't miss out!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
yeah it sucks, the good guys are all but disappearing. Thank god for this site, it helps keep the memories alive. thanks to all that post, this is why it matters

·
Registered
893 Posts
I didn't know about this till I read this post. Pretty much in dis-belief at the moment. Hard to believe at 55 he's gone. He was definately taken before his time. My prayers go out to him and his family.

I grew up on the Boston sound as my uncle introduced me to them when I was kid and they kicked ass (Kick ass). Was always excited when a new album came out. (As a Boston fan, you certainly had to be patient, but was always worth the wait! :thumb: )

Brad Delp was a class act in the world of rock & roll and will be sorely missed. Pretty sad about this. He was and always will be the voice of Boston and my thoughts are for him and his family right now.

·
Registered
543 Posts
This caught me by surprise also.!........I remember when the 1st Boston album hit the airwaves in 76 I do believe it was. Seems like yesterday but it's been 30 years. RIP Brad Delp......what a set of pipes that guy had!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm in total shock and saddened by Brad Delp's passing. I grew up on Boston. Brad Delp was such an amazing singer and a genuinely nice guy too. He could sing so high but at the same time, he had such excellent tone to support his high voice. I will miss him. My heart goes out to his family and all the rest of the band too.
Here is something I got from myspace I think all Boston fans would appreciate.
R.I.P BD.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2013967790

·
Registered
24 Posts
bottagetta said:

I too was shocked to hear this. I have been listening to their deput album for like the last 2 weeks after not having listened to it in years. And then I log on to yahoo one day to check my mail and see that he died. They still don't know what the cause of death was. It's so sad! I feel so sorry for his kids and fiancee. :(

·
Registered
83 Posts
As it turns out, Brad Delp took his own life.
It's been reported that Delp was battling depression, and the pressures of the business and warring factions in the band's inner circle and family members made the situation worse.
I don't want to preach, but if you are depressed, or know someone who is, get help for yourself or for that person. Talk to somebody. Reach out.
I'd like to take a second and thank those who posted all of the Boston bootlegs. I had some of them, but a couple of them were new to me. It was great to listen to the band do their great songs live on these boots.

·
The People's Mod
526 Posts
Sorry it took so long for me to find this thread but its very sad to hear of his passing. I remember the day it happened, my dad was crushed. He loves boston and all its members. I like them, but he really loves those guys. R.I.P.

·
Registered
131 Posts
It is sad to hear about this tragedy, but the sound of boston and brad can NEVER be forgotten. Not just brad but also the sound of Tom's solo's combined with brads vocals made one of the most unique sounds in rock still today... RIP

·
Classic Rock Revivalist
139 Posts
:shocked: I still really can't believe it...I always thought Brad Delp was one of finest rock singers, such range and soul! A buddy of mine got me into Boston when I just started getting into Classic Rock, their self-titled album; will forever be part of my audio bible for "how to make rock 'n roll." God Bless You Brad, rest in peace...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just thought I'd post an update on the latest with this story.
Tom Scholz has posted a letter on the Boston website.
In it, he outlines why a one off Boston reunion / tribute show in the planning stages was put on the shelf, ( a problem having to do with Live Nation the largest promoter in the Boston area and keeping the musicians in the loop in practice and in the vicinity ). The idea for the show has not been abandoned, and it may yet happen.
He also outlines plans to remaster the GH, with an added song ( I Had A Good Time ), and begin work on the long awaited live Boston record.
If you are interested, a look at the letter at the official website is well worth your while.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I originally posted this over at the Halford Q, thought I would share with everyone here...

This is very sad news.
I got to know Brad a little bit back in 1992 when my side band was doing some shows with his band RTZ here in the Bay Area. We did 2 shows with them. He signed lots of CD's for me, and took many pics with my wife and I. He was one of the nicest guys I have ever met in the biz. RIP.

London, Brad, Dave in 1992. San Jose, Ca.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts