Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is sort of a repost; the original demo had my vocals and was rather weak. Rjmjajrj really stepped up to the plate when I requested that he take a shot at singing on it. His performance has changed the effectiveness of the song, IMO. Thanks for doing such an outstanding job Rj!! I felt compelled to remix the backing track to make it stronger too. (I think the original version is posted in my artist page, if anyone wants to compare, but it's not really necessary. The new version is much, much better.)

BTW, the lyrics are about a family member who abruptly became estranged. It is written from his point of view. Weird situation, but like so many personal events, it became a musical inspiration. Hope you guys like it!!

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Man this is soo moving indeed!..The lyrics are very emotional and the way they were sang just made it even more touching..Fantastic job guys!..I will be keeping this one aswel..

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
I really like this. it is rough and raw but hangs together really nicely. Great stuff.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Gr8 stuff guys!!!! Awesome collab!!!:bowdown: Very touching lyrics and vocal performance....and the guitar work rocks!!!!:woot:

·
Whats that smell?
571 Posts
Thanks for all the nice comments everyone. Especially to you ksdb. Ive had the pleasure of working on two collaborations with you and it has been a thrill. Especially since it has been my first two collabs. Thanks for inviting me to sing on this song.

Thanks again and I hope everyone enjoys the song.

Later,

rjmjajrj

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
yeah great tune , Vocals are really Alice Cooper in parts as is the Bass , guitars kick in sweet panned and very cutting . you have mixed this spot on , all guitars are distinct with not too much distortion and the ending is very imaginative .:icon_thum

1 - 13 of 13 Posts