Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey yall!
I just did a cover of Robin Trower's Day Of The Eagle. At this point it is just the rhythm guitars - haven't done the leads yet, and I am hoping to find some one here who wants to do the vocals. (So if you're interested let me know....) I would just like for you people to take a listen to what I have so far and tell me what you think of the tune as it exists right now.

Thanks!

rj

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
rj amazing sounding rendition, man :thumb:

If your asking for what should be changed, that would be a tough call because I think it is fine as is. As far as getting someone to sing on this, just keep bumping the thread. We have only a few singers here and they are always in demand but it'll be worth the wait.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
mondola said:
Sounds good to me dude. That is lovely tone their ! What are you using ?

I can't really offer any more advice, as I am not familiar with the original. But the playing is damn tight so far, look forward to hearing the finished article !

:thumb:
Yeah - the tone on this amp is top notch - I'm still getting used to it - glad you liked it!!!

I'm using a 1980 USA Standard Strat in to Cyber Twin SE on the "Trowerful" setting. It's mic'd up with an SM57 straight into my computers sound card. I added a small amount of reverb, but other than that its pure cyber twin sound.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mondola said:
Sounds good to me dude. That is lovely tone their ! What are you using ?

I can't really offer any more advice, as I am not familiar with the original. But the playing is damn tight so far, look forward to hearing the finished article !

:thumb:
Hey Mondola - Have you already re-installed XP on that machine? If not - let me know - I may be able to help you avoid that. (I am a computer tech) Plus, I am honor bound to help out a chap from across the "Pond" since I once lived there...... :)

Thanks for the feedback!

Lata!
Rj

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
I would definately boost the guitar on the mix on this mate - it is creacking and doesn't deserve to be mixed down that low :D

Great version :thumb:

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Hey that was very cool...I played that song with my old classic rock band. Your version sounds much like the original version. I always played it with a bit more distortion on rhythm guitar. Nice job, I'd like to hear it after you get the solo recorded and maybe some vocals. :icon_thum

·
Registered
200 Posts
rjfoster said:
I am hoping to find some one here who wants to do the vocals. (So if you're interested let me know....)
I'll give it a try when I have more spare time during the Xmas. I've never tried to sing this song, so I don't make any promises. I just try and if I don't get a decent vocal track nailed, let's just forget the whole thing.
Warning: I don't sound like Robin T. You can check my voice in this forumn, I posted here last week my version of "I shall be released".

Your guitar playing and sound are great!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts