Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a rant.......my local rock station hasn't played the new VH in 3 weeks yet I've heard Ain't talkin' 'bout love at least 20 times!!

If I hear that STUPID [email protected]' "Serenity" song by Godsmack one more time, I'm gonna lose my mind

The Audio Slave, Nickleback and Jet CRAP is drivin' me ape-sh*t
Everyone I know hates this sh*t!

What the HELL? Do they think people really want to hear this stuff??????? And enough with the Damn Led Zeppelin 10 times an hour! Geeeez.

I can't wait to get home to my CD's.

Is it just me????????

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
This is what happens when commercial radio is aimed at teens and pre-teens whos parents finance their musical wants and whims. IF its trendy it makes money. VH rocks.Trendy doesnt.
and yes. thank god for CD's and 101.com
Keith
VGB

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
yeah, I basically never ever listen to the radio except in the shower in the morning. I hate radio. I used to call up the DJs sometimes and bitch at them for playing songs 10 times a day....every day. The irony of this is that they turn off their loyal listeners by playing the same shit all day, just so they might be able to pick up the fickle listeners who channel surf.

I once called up a local DJ and acted like I was a young teenager and I thanked him enthusiastically for playing a particular song that had just played. I told him I was happy to hear it because they hadn't played it on their station in a couple of hours and I was starting to get the shakes from withdrawl! He was silent for about 5 seconds and then he got my point. He then confessed that he has basically no say in what songs they played and that their set list was determined by market research. That's when I lost interest in most radio.

·
Registered
479 Posts
yup the radio sucks......thats why i keep a cd player at work

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
I completely stopped listening to the radio...I just listen to sports radio....the amount of crap that comes on is ridiculous. I mean they still play distrubed 20 times a day and the DJ has the nerve to say that is a classic....yeah it is a classic piece of trendy horse.........

·
Registered
141 Posts
Mike, I'm with you on the sports radio deal. Nothing on Rock FM at all in the ATL. I was on the treadmill last night at about 6:30 and the (what used to be the best Rock station in Atlanta) had 12 minutes if commercials, and when they finally came back on, guess what, a piece of crap song followed by another. God, FM radio stinks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
well here in idaho we have a couple of good rock statoins but whatever i love the radio and i listen to it all the time but thats just my opinion

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Well!...Im not ashamed to say i listen to radio..bc i do everyday!!....I enjoy all types of music..always have always will!...Yes sometimes the dj's play the same shit ova and ova!!...Thats what the tuner button is for..lol...well it works for me...Most of the time i listen to tunes from 101 anyways...so i keep myself occupied!!

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Well we here in Detroit are pretty lucky cause we have a great rock station in 101 WRIF, they have been on the air for a longtime, one DJ alone (Aurthur P) has been on the air of the Riff for over 30 year alone, they have one of the best morning shows in the country IMO ( Drew And Mike....Drew Blows lol) and they play good music, I mean sure they play some newer stuff but they also play older stuff too the great stuff, they are huge supporters of VH too which for me is a plus lol, if you guys want to know what I am talking about, check em out sometime they have a live internet stream at www.wrif.com Riff ROCKS!!

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your lucky to have a great station like that....our rock station has a great morning show but they play the same old stale crap over and over. The best time to listen to our station is on Sat. and Sunday nights when Dee Snider's "House of Hair" show is on. Do you get that one? 2 hours each night of 80's Metal.
Its refreshing to say the least.
Other than that, all you hear is the crap I mentioned earlier.

The link you posted didn't work

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Riff Addict said:
Your lucky to have a great station like that....our rock station has a great morning show but they play the same old stale crap over and over. The best time to listen to our station is on Sat. and Sunday nights when Dee Snider's "House of Hair" show is on. Do you get that one? 2 hours each night of 80's Metal.
Its refreshing to say the least.
Other than that, all you hear is the crap I mentioned earlier.

The link you posted didn't work

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep we get The House Of Hair on Sunday mornings I think it is, we also get this new show which is dedicated to playing Guitar Heroes but I forgot the name of it, I know it is hosted by Steve Black though and it is pretty cool, they sometimes will have a show dedicated to one player in particular like back in August they had a show that was about SRV, where they got other players opionions on him and played abunch of his tunes, it was very cool!
I fixed the link Riff so it should work now, sorry I had put some periods in the url lol

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
It's not just the radio that sucks (Rock radio really sucks in dallas) but it is the lack of young new guitar players. In the 80's there were so many great guitar players and bands you couldn't keep track.

Fast forward 20 years and name me a few up and coming young guitar players.

I asked my 16 year old the other day "Who do you kids think is a hot new guitar player these days"...she answered "Everybody likes Carlos Santana"

I just yelled back "Carlos played at Woodstock!" when I was 6 years old.

This is the problem with rock radio stations today....not enough new guitar bands to rotate in the playlist.

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
in the Northern Il./Wisconsin area, i am fortunate. Their are 2 sattions that play the good stuff-preist, maiden, Black Label society for example. But, mainsteam radio sux...as they say the masses are the asses. Everyone should call and request the good tunes. Symphony X and Shadows fall need airplay. it's about money....supply and demand, so call and bug the radio stations and get your friends to do the same.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts