1. JUTTA WEINHOLD BAND (West-Germany) >>> NOT RECORDED
2. WIR (East-Germany)*
3. UDO LINDENBERG (West-Germany)
4. NOVALIS (West-Germany) >>> NOT RECORDED
5. PUHDYS (East-Germany)*
6. SNOWBALL (UK)*
7. RUMPELSTILZ (West-Germany) >>> NOT RECORDED

* RECORDED only partially

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WIR

East-German band playing some Kraut-prog.

Total time: 30 min

setlist:
01. Introduction Christian Simon
02. Eisberg
03. Zeit
04. Drum Solo
05. Nach dem Konzert

RECORDED ONLY 1 and 2

lineup:
Wolfgang Ziegler - keyboards, vocals
Doris Martin - voclas
Ingolf Zwick - guitar
Rainer Bloß - bass
Hans Joachim Kluge - drums

PUHDYS

Famous East-German band with German lyrics.

Total time: 48 min

setlist:
02. Sturmvogel
03. Mephisto
04. Steine
05. Pala Masalassi
06. Reise zum Mittelpunkt der Erde
07. Ikarus
08. Lolita
09. Rock'n'Roll - Potpourri
10. Zeiten und Weiten

RECORDED ONLY 1 to 6

lineup:
Dieter Birr - vocals
Dieter Hertrampf - guitar, vocals
Gunther Wosylus - drums
Harry Jeske - bass
Peter Meyer - keyboards, saxophon

SNOWBALL

British Jazz-Rock-Fusion.

Total time: 30 min

setlist:
02. Defroster
03. Delphin
04. Tender Storm
05. Bird of Paradise

RECORDED ONLY 1 to 3

lineup:
Curt Cress - drums
Roye Albrighton - guitar, vocals
Dave King - bass
Kristian Schultze - keyboards

UDO LINDENBERG

Famous German legend. In the early seventies - after playing as a jazz-drummer - he made it possible for the first time to write songs in the German language without getting ridiculous. His music is sort of R&B, Blues, Ballades, and R´n´R with very cool and extraordinary lyrics. This concert is pur R&B, R´n`R and Blues in a high power performance. One of his best concerts before ballades made his music mellow and mediocre. Recommended. Sorry for you English speaking guys, because you ain´t got the pleasure of his lyrics.

Total time: 45 min

setlist:
01. Interview Christian Simon with Udo Lindenberg
02. Teddy
03. Schneewittchen
04. Living for the City
05. Ich bin von Kopf bis Fuß auf Liebe eingestellt
06. Meine erste Liebe
07. Rockin' and rollin'
08. Tutti Frutti
09. Süße kleine Sechzehn
10. Rock 'n' Roller
11. Boogie Woogie Mädchen
12. Honky Tonky Show

RECORDED ONLY 3 to 7, 11 and 12

lineup:
Udo Lindenberg - vocals
Jean-Jacques Cravetz - keyboards
Thomas Kretschmer - guitars
Paul Vincent - guitars
Steffi Stephan - bass
Bertram Engel - drums
Gebhard Gloning - saxophon
Ingeborg Thomson - vocals

CD 1 Wir & Puhdys
CD 2 Snowball & Udo Lindenberg

Recording-info:
After doing some investigation on the www I came to know what I have done at Saturday evening 18th November 1978: I was sitting in front of a (mono) TV-set and recorded the very first ROCKPOP IN CONCERT broadcast. Having been infected and got addicted the year before with the legendary live-in-concert-idea of ROCKPALAST I expected something similar with this new broadcast. The only sorry was, that - with the exception of SNOWBALL - only West-German bands and some East-German bands -which were almost unknown to the West-German audience- were featuring the festval lineup. But they were very hot and the performances of UDO LINDENBERG, WIR and the PUHDYS impressed me very very much for a long time. My recording-gear was a ITT-Schaub-Lorenz cassette-recorder with a mono external microphone. So the recording is mono but pretty good. In the quieter passages you can hear the humming of the TV-set, but that´s it. Enjoy and check samples for sound-quality. JUTTA WEINHOLD and RUMPELSTILZ were unknown to me then, so I decided not to record them. NOVALIS would have been a treat, but at that time I didn´t like their music. I was curious to listen to SNOWBALL because Roye Albrighton from NEKTAR was part of the lineup. Maybe I expected to hear something similar to NEKTAR, but I was a bit disappointed of their fusion-jazz-rock, so I decided to stop the recording after a while. Even the bands I recorded I didn´t record them in their entirety. Sorry for that. I regret it now. But all in all of what you have, it is a very rare documentary of music history. All further information of setlists und lineups and so on was found in the www.

https://rapidgator.net/file/8fc055f...35/Rockp.1978-03-25.BerlFLAC.by.TUBE.zip.html

mirror:
https://turbobit.net/fi0nctnhng3g/Rockp.1978-03-25.BerlFLAC.by.TUBE.zip.html

mirror:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/5d86ki6c7jjn/n/Rockp.1978-03-25.BerlFLAC.by.TUBE.zip

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.