Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Take a listen and please comment on the mix....everyone used the foolproof method EXCEPT ZEPPY!!!!!! it took me a while to line your part up correctly, but since you sent me two files I finally got it (I hope)....and adjusting volumes correctly was a booger too. I hope everyone enjoys this and please give a nice welcome to the newbies on this one......
Slot 1 00:08 - 00:38 -JD162
Slot 2 00:38 - 01:07 -BERTASAURUS-
slot 3 01:07 - 01:36 andrewtheshredder-
Slot 4 01:36 - 02:06 axeshredder -
Slot 5 02:06 - 02:35 -STORMBRINGER
Slot 6 02:35 - 03:05 zeppy
Slot 7 03:05 - 03:35 rockonthis21
Slot 8 03:35 - 04:05 dutchguitarfreak
Slot 9 04:05 - 04:35 WahWah
Slot 10 04:35 -END- luay -

Thanks to everyone who contributed- you all kick some ass!!!!!

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
cool jam guys .. was cool to see (without sounding egotistical) someone elses take on the part i did last time .. very cool thing to experience. . nice playing by all thought .. look forward to hearing another jam !

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the nice comments everyone-maybe I did a little better on this one. The foolproof method definitely helped. I REALLY hope I got everyones's timing right. Stiglar, I recorded my part and copied it to two new files- then I lowered one of them an octave down and one a fifth down from the original recording using the transpose feature in cooledit. Then I pasted them back into the mix at a slightly lower volume, and offset by about 5 milliseconds each from the original.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This kicked much ass!!!!
Awesome job by all involved!!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Sounded great i enjoyed it, i hope i can get in on the next jam!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Really cool stuff!

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Wow...what a great example of the talent that here at 101....each and every one of you expressed your individual style with perfection. Even though there were many styles out there, it worked very well to the great mixing job by "rock on this"
clap,clap, whistle, whistle,yell yell

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
JD162 - nice feely playing and nice use of ballad tone

bert - you went for the major key rather than the minor .. i personally feel that was a mistake as ballads tend to be minor songs lol . but your playing was still very good bro

andrew - good solid part fits real well good job

axe - would have liked to hear more reverb cause it would have added bags of fullness to your sound . but you did a good job too wtg!

storm - good playing . fits well

zeppy - interesting .. intruiging

rockonthis - good job mixing man , and good playing

dutch(eddie) - your precious pal :p good playin man your gettin better

wahwah - you rock man excellent stuff

luay - nice way to end the tune bro

some great playin in hear . i think if i had to pick out my favourites it would go to rockonthis for an interesting harmonizer tone used in a cool way and luay for really nice harmonic whammy playing . but in truth you all did good jobs
this is neat

1 - 20 of 34 Posts