Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Lead Kazoo-ist
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't really anything special, the recording was done on a Zoom Palm Studio 4 track. Anyway, I was checking out the Original Lyrics forum and saw a post by Badams, called "Unwanted Man" which reminded me of this tune. I had an old west thing going on in my head when I recorded this and after reading Badams lyrics, I was reminded of it.

I'm definitely not a member to g101 because I possess a lot of skills as a guitarist or songwriter, I'm still very much a novice. I enjoy this site most of all for the learning experience and people, so feedback, critiques are always appreciated. Thanks for checking it out...

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
solid backing, altho the rhythm needs to go down a notch and the lead go up ;)

dont put yerself down dude, ther's always more to learn, we're all still learning all the time ;)

try and put some chord progressions in there, break it up a bit, the verse, bridge, chorus stuff is a great way to get ideas down and add a bit of variety :)

·
Lead Kazoo-ist
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for the listen SLoB. I really appreciate the feedback. Some musician pals of mine, had very similiar things to say. This is about a year and a half, 2 years old, so hopefully I've incorporated some of these approaches on newer stuff. Thanks for checking it out and for the encouragement.

·
Lead Kazoo-ist
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks sgstd... I appreciate the listen.

I mentioned that I pulled this out of the past after reading something that Badams posted in the original lyrics section. He was hearing some harmonica and thought that possibly the words he wrote might or might not work with it, so there may be some additional tracks added. I'm sure that would shape it up a bit. Stay tuned. Just to hear a piece with some Harmonica action would be a treat imo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts