Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May 10, 2005

Those tireless road dogs The Rolling Stones announced their next world tour at a press conference in New York City today. The band performed "Start Me Up," "Brown Sugar" and one new song, "Oh No, Not You Again," as they announced that their tour will begin on August 21 at Boston's Fenway Park. There are 35 dates already confirmed in the U.S. and Canada, and the band will then tour Mexico, South America, the Far East and finally Europe in the summer of 2006. The final U.S. date is December 1 in Houston, and tickets for some shows go on sale as soon as this weekend.

This time around, The Stones will give select fans a chance to be on stage with the band as several hundred seats are built in directly with the stadium set design. "The band is redefining the concert experience - there is nothing even comparable to the thrill of being onstage with the Rolling Stones and seeing a stadium show from the band’s perspective,” said tour promoter Michael Cohl. "For fans this will be the greatest tour yet."

As they did with their last tour, The Stones also plan to play different size venues - from theaters to stadiums - with different set lists and stage designs. The band's new studio album is due from Virgin Records in conjunction with the tour.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
They're coming to Philly in October I heard today. ThinK I might go check these guys out. I was never really a fan, but I bought their best of cd a few months ago and have been hooked.

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Sucka...GO! I saw them at The Garden and they were even better than when I caught their Steel Wheels tour years ago. Try to sit close but not close enought to get too good a glipse at Keith Richards' face :lol:

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
LOL I'll try and remember that!

I think I really am gonna go. They're only one of the greatest bands of all time! Might as well go check these guys out.

·
Yankees Suck!
574 Posts
Heard today that the seats on the stage are $400, with the higher priced regular seating somewhere around $165.

On a side note, if you folks want to read a great Stones story, check out this website: http://www.studiowner.com/essays/essay.asp?books=1&pagnum=33
It's told by a guy named Gil Markle. He was the operator of Long View Farm studios here in Massachusetts. Back in 1981, the Stones rehearsed for then Tattoo You tour there, then played a secret gig here in Worcester. It's a great tale with some great insight into the band at the time. Nice stories about his interaction with Mick, Keith and Charlie. There's even some unreleased sound clips of Gil playing piano with Keith singing over the top of it. Start with the Author's Introduction and work your way down the links.

A long read, but it's a really fascinating story. Check it out if you have the time.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Luckily I'll have time to read that on my break tomorrow, so I'm gonna save that for then. Thanks for posting it!

400 bucks to sit on the stage? I don't think so, although it'd prolly be cool.

I just hope they do Brown Sugar and Mixed Emotions if I go. Those are my two faves.

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
SteveS235 said:
Heard today that the seats on the stage are $400, with the higher priced regular seating somewhere around $165.

On a side note, if you folks want to read a great Stones story, check out this website: http://www.studiowner.com/essays/essay.asp?books=1&pagnum=33
It's told by a guy named Gil Markle. He was the operator of Long View Farm studios here in Massachusetts. Back in 1981, the Stones rehearsed for then Tattoo You tour there, then played a secret gig here in Worcester. It's a great tale with some great insight into the band at the time. Nice stories about his interaction with Mick, Keith and Charlie. There's even some unreleased sound clips of Gil playing piano with Keith singing over the top of it. Start with the Author's Introduction and work your way down the links.

A long read, but it's a really fascinating story. Check it out if you have the time.
:lol:

I paid 650 bucks PER ticket for so-so seats at The Garden. Good luck getting those prices.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts