Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya guys! Got into a bit of a discussion on the Stones at work and my colleagues and I listened to an old track I made of this song about 9-10 months ago. I decided I would repost this again for any of the plethora of new members that dig this band.

I made the backing in Band in a Box. This version is re-edited so I took that backing and pumped it through FL Studio 5.0.2 to give the rhythm section a better sound. I then used Cubase to add about 8 guitar tracks panned all over to make it full and give the illusion of a few guitarists playing this. Finally, I added vocals and ran the whole output through mastering software for compression and widening.

I hope you enjoy.

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
The Stones are one of my all time favs!!!!..Stingy you did a fantastic job hun!...This goes to my 101 collection!!:icon_thum :icon_thum

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Rain, SG, and Seq. Nice words from you all...much appreciated. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Excellent cover of a great song Stingx........ i would love to hear more from you i think you have a great vox :icon_thum :icon_thum great production

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks linda! There are more coming but I just don't have enough hours in a day to get all my things done :icon_neut

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
I realy like your stuff sting. you work hard to get it right, much like me. but your production values are much higher than mine. this is great because it shows how far you have come along with your latest stuff. though this is still very good mate. :thumb:

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks a lot, Porty. You know I appreciate it and you know I do break my hump to make these sound as good as I can. You set the bar pretty high, man, I am just trying to keep pace :grin: Every post, even from newbies, seems super polished...it really is hard to keep up.

Thanks again for listening.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts