Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
  • Hello guitar enthusiasts! We are pleased to announce an Ask Me Anything discussion thread with Dutch musician Arjen Lucassen. The AMA will be going live on Tuesday, August 10th, and will run until August 12th, and can be found here. Don't miss out!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about 10-12 years ago, i spent most of my online time in Nightliner's Trading Room at yesfans.com.
i got to be friendly with a handful of traders there, and we started swapping other shows/bands besides
Yes in off-line trades mostly consisting of data discs via snail mail. one particular trader sent me
8 data dvds full of Roxy Music, UK, and Eddie Jobson shows they had gathered from torrent sites.
until recently, i had never backed these up on a hard drive and its a good thing that i decided to do this
recently, as the very low speed that they copied from tells me that they are starting to fall apart.

although i do like some UK and Eddie Jobson solo stuff, i really was only ever interested in the Roxy Music shows.
there are 22 different shows from 1972-1983 on these discs, and im now going to start posting them
here on guitars101 for 3 reasons-

1. this is my way of giving back for all the shows ive snagged here in the past 10 years
2. a lot of these Roxy shows, particularly the pre-1976 ones, rarely if ever show up online
3. Roxy Music is a Damn good live band, even if the source quality can be a little rough at times.

to the best of my knowledge, all folders are exactly as they were originally torrented with fingerprints and all that

ok, what follows is the original uploaders notes.

Thank You, and enjoy!!! ~Wedge

ROXY MUSIC
Bracknell Sports Centre, Berkshire, UK
17 March 1973

(Audience recording)

01 - Do The Strand
02 - Grey Lagoons
03 - Beauty Queen
04 - The Bogus Man
05 - Ladytron
06 - In Every Dream Home A Heartache
07 - If There Is Something [cut]

Bryan Ferry - Vocals & Keyboards
Eno - Synthesizer, Tapes & Treatments
Phil Manzanera - Guitars
Andrew Mackay - Saxes & Oboe
John Porter - Bass
Paul Thompson - Drums

Here's a nice recording from the "For Your Pleasure" UK Tour of March and April of 1973.

Playing to a lively crowd, the recording has a couple of amusing audience banter bits!

*WARNING* START OF TRACK ONE CONTAINS OFFENSIVE SEXUAL SWEAR WORD FROM AUDIENCE MEMBER

Lineage: CDR (Trade) - Fairstars CD Ripper (3)

Roxy Music - 1973-03-17 - Berkshire, UK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts