Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright fellas. Get out your Tele, sit down and tell it "now this is what i want you to do"! :D I don't have a set list, but i'll tell you that the last song 'THE MESSIAH WILL COME AGAIN' is life changing man. No bull. If this song doesn't make you shed atleast one tear, then your just not listening. Enjoy this one :afro: :afro:

ROY 78' NY

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
simply the best browing music I have had the pleasure of listening to. Roy was/is an indirect influence on me via The Band. Robbie Robertson spent years trying to emulate him and I spent years trying to emulate Robbie. Until I found a couple of Roy LP's. Roys version of Green Onions is absolutely fantastic!

Thanks for posting this BL DD :thumb:

·
Registered
101 Posts
simply the best browing music I have had the pleasure of listening to. Roy was/is an indirect influence on me via The Band. Robbie Robertson spent years trying to emulate him and I spent years trying to emulate Robbie. Until I found a couple of Roy LP's. Roys version of Green Onions is absolutely fantastic!

that's Steve Cropper playing his ass off and trading licks with roy..

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I first discovered Roy when his album Your'e Not Alone came out.

The title track was played to death on the mighty KISW FM in Seattle during the summer of 1978. I still have my vinyl copy of that album.

Roy Buchanan was a badass! One of the most soulful players I ever heard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts