Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nightmare!!! I started this, this morning and it has taken all day. I used a midi file and found out it was wanked after recording 80% of it!! So what I have posted is a very rough version of what I wanted to do. The vocals are a guide track - but I lost the will to live after finding the mistakes in the midi so I left them.

On the bright side, I played all the synths on guitar (although I left some midi synths for the drones) and I learned how to play the song :lol:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guy - I am not worthy of the praise though. I was slap dash on this. but thanks anyway :D

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I adore this song! We always play it when we are driving around New York City. However its that Rickenbacker tone on the bass that really makes this song amazing in the original. I love the guitar and vocal in this version.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Holy Macheral Goport!! Bravo for the effort!! You did one heck of a job!! The guitars sound so close to the original!! I think it's excellent!! I love this tune very much. I have always wanted to have a go with it since I found the backing. I could not do better that this thats for sure!! Awesome vocals as well. Fantastic Mr Goport!! :rock:

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Ballsy to take this on....excellent job..i love this tune!!!!......have to be honest..its my favorite Neil Peart Song...he wails in this ...but the guitar is great too

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Incredible undertaking, bro!!!:bowdown: This is fantastic!!!:icon_thum I know what ya mean about being discouraged after working on something and finding a mistake in the midi track!!:shock: I've scrapped songs that I put a lot of work into for that reason!!:upset:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the kind words guys. you are all far too good to me with the compliments. I am pleased I made a stab at it though.

And I agree with strat78 and Axe - Peart and Lee's playing is outrageously good on this track.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I for one really appreciate the hard work you put into your posts! I think it spurns everybody on and widens the spectrum of really cool and well executed music, that makes this site so worthwhile.:woot:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you tom :thumb:

and you too Strat - that coming from a monster player like yourself really means a lot :thumb:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Sounds awesome to me. I like hearing it sung with a normal voice for a change. Geddy Lee has the outrageous range and high pitch. BTW, I happen to have a Rick 4001 if you wanted to slip in an authentic-sounding bass part.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Great Effort, It Turned out better then the original man! Sounds as if I was listening to Moving Pictures! Good Job Pal. Shit man i was just noticing, your voice sounds like Roger Waters from Pink Floyd. Its got that Pink Floyd edge to it, man it sounds great :D :rock: :rock:

·
Registered
479 Posts
while the midi may not have been perfect....i truly enjoyed listening to your rendition....some very nice work both on the vocals and the fretboard :icon_thum :icon_thum

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
This sounds GREAT,, way more work than I would want to do!! Awesome job! Terrific crusin music.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts