Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Whooooooooo 3finga's rocking the house!!!!!..Awsome tune!!!

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hahah...you freaking whackos....!! it's me....Julio Eglesias....

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was awesome Alex..I mean Fingers lol, kickass job!!

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts

Gawd Damm, that was sweet! There was a period of time back in my early 20s when I was going back and obsessively getting into all the earlier RUSH albums and I used to go to bed every night (for a number of months) listening to this song (the live version from exit stage left) on my headphones before drifting off into sleep. The solo from this song, along with Passage to Pangkok (from Stage Left) and Digital Man (which Khaos has posted a BT for in the BT section) are among my very favorite Lifeson solos. Man, I gotta tell you that, the bionic run towards the end of the solo in your recording was so very impressive. i haven't yet figured out (nor have I practiced enough) how to play that fast and fluidly. Very very awesome job. And your tone during this solo section sounded extremely accurate. I think I might need to start compiling a Guitars101 Rush CD and this will defintely be going on it (in addition to your other RUSH covers). Awesome job Feengurs and please keep working on and posting more of these RUSH gems!

I am attaching my bastardized version of this tune which I recorded about a year ago (definitely before discovering this awesome site and before knowing anything about BTs, as you will see). I dialed up a drum beat that I programmed for a different song I was working on that matched well enough for La Villa and just went for it. So, please excuse this overly hyper drum beat in this recording. Other notes: As I kind of alluded to earlier, I have not yet figured out the lead for this tune, so don't get your expectations up too high cause it ain't there.
But otherwise, I was kind of happy with this recording. It is nothign compared to yours, but if you were to be so kind as to email me or post the BT for La Villa, maybe I could practice it up a bit and eventually bring it up to the level of your recording.

Attachments

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Ah that was awesome.....
Thanks alot for posting this one 3fingers.

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
whoohoo!
NICE work 3fingers! KC...I can't believe you said about going to sleep with the headphones on cos I used to get hell for listening to this album and 'The Wall' over and over again with the arm on the turntable up so it'd come back on! Oh and 'Wish You Were Here' as well...small world!

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Killer chops bro!!!
I've heard this song but, I'm not overly familiar with it.But I certainly recognize that Lifeson vibe that you nailed!!
That ending just smokes!!

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
THE Fingers3 strikes again! Beautiful stuff there BRO! Did ya do that ending on the 1st take?

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I also must confess to drifting off to sleep with this album on....awesome!!! Backing requests: www.powerserg.com/Backing ...I just want to give back what I can to this site....made from a MIDI...because I never found it myself without the "crud".....Thanks guys!

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey KC...I just listened to your version on this post..it's got a Dream Theatre like feel to it. I love the flangey stuff sound!
The amount of determination to want to play this song must have been strong for you to program drums to get the tune working. Just go to the above link and get the backing to this..glad you shared this. Great to hear all versions of RUSH.

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
3fingers said:
Hey KC...I just listened to your version on this post....glad you shared this. Great to hear all versions of RUSH.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Feengurs for checking that out. I'm glad you found some entertainment value in it. I tend to experience "posters remorse" when posting an add-on to someone else's post. I always worry that the person will think I'm trying to squeeze in on their glory!
Glad you interpretted it like I meant it, just to share in the enthusiasm of this awesome RUSH classic!

Thanks for the link. I think I downloaded it the same day you posted it.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
excellent stuff.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts