Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, it's pretty obvious how quickly I've put this together, but I had such a blast working the chords and the parts out that

I had to record a version. It's pretty messy and I totally faked my way through the solo but hey...this was a great

laugh to do! Massive thanks to Khaos for the awesome backing!

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Man, I think that sounded fantastic. I didn't hear too much ad lib in the solo at all. But I was kind of hoping you might do the rap in the middle.

Nice job, man.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
The guitar does sound awesome!!! I thought it was very well played!! Killer elecjoy!!
What are you using for this? Sounds just like Lifeson!!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
brilliant cover! Alex would be most impressed.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks dudes, just love this song! I'm using my Guitar Port for the entire thing, it's all my usual settings too...I just whacked my guitar harder for that Lifeson vibe hehe.

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Ah this is great.....Alex combined style is hard to play right, this was awesome!

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was awesome!!!
Killa job!!

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
I just listened to this again and that lead is really close to sounding like Alex. Great work, man. Love everything from the solo on. Sounds really close to the song (playing and tone).

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks man. It's funny how turning the volume down a bit gave the tone that extra bite. Just noticed I overcooked the bend near the end of the solo....thanks for not mentioning it haha.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
i know i commented already but i had to listen to this again...not only do i enjoy it more than Rush's version cause you can really hear the guitar, but it makes me want to play...great job ..again

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Wah, Rock and Axe (again!!) and guitarmageddon...Alex is a God to me too! Lol! Yeah, Guitar Port! I find it pretty cool to record with (it's USB), but I can't afford other options to experiment with. It took me ages to find a decent tone - I use it for everything at the moment. Just downloaded the new version of the S\W which is cool (and free)!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.