Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Every Canadian loves Rush (well not my girlfriend)!

Rush, The Fifth Order Of Angels

Live at the Agora Ballroom Cleveland, OH

August 26, 1974

1. Announcer :30
2. Finding My Way 5:07
3. Best I Can
3:03
4. Need Some Love
3:24
5. In the End
6:19
6. Fancy Dancer
3:54
7. In the Mood
3:25
8. Bad Boy
5:41
9. Here Again
8:02
10. Working Man
9:13
11. drum solo
3:09
12. What You're Doing
4:33
Garden Road3:07

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
OMG!!! These clips sound fantastic!! Thank you my friend!! This brings back super pleasant memories!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :rock: :icon_peac

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't worry, I will post the whole show. I'm on dial-up and it takes me about 45 min. per song. Just hang on because it's a great show and well worth waiting for. Just wish I had high speed and lots of time to do this in one shot! I get disconnected sometimes too. What a pain! In the end I usually post one song at a time as there is less of a chance of getting cut off!

The coolest thing about this boot is Fancy Dancer and Garden Road. I guess Neil didn't like them and they were never recorded.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I really appriciate this effort. I didn't begin to see Rush until 1976, but a year before I went to the record store with a friend and we just gambled on two similarly named bands that we never heard of - Rush and Frank Marino/Mahogony Rush. Saw Rush a number of times with the highlight being first row during the 2112 tour in a movie theater in Chicago. Kicked my butt. Schenker and Lifeson - the twin blonde bombers!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jam:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Wow! Thanks a ton! I'm really looking forward to this one, and thanks for posting it with dial-up and all! :bannana_g :dance:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Wow.....thanks everybody I'm glad you like this one. I have a Rush story too. The first time I heard them was in grade school when a kid from my class brought in a record of them. He said it was his Dad and played it for everyone in our class. The teacher turned it down right away and turned it off soon after. I felt so bad for the kid! Turns out it was Alex Lifeson's son in my class!!! Wish I knew then what I know now I would have been best friends with him. ha ha ha ha.

If you are in Toronto June 7th come and see Alex live at the WHITE RIBBON BENEFIT CONCERT see info at http://www.whiteribbon.ca/newsletters/default.asp?aID=946
He has played this a few times before and it was great. He's such a great guy!!

5. In the End 6:19

·
40 ain't bad
99 Posts
This is great. I have a buddy that will enjoy this greatly as his birthday present. Thanks for posting these :thumb:

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
came back for the rest of the show!!! Awesome man!! Thanks very much!!!
:bowdown: :bowdown: :thumbup:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Guess who I met at a Blue Jays baseball game last Wednesday?
The man himself .....Geddy Lee!! I asked for a quick photo with him but didn't really chat with him just said "thank you and enjoy the game". I didn't want to bug him!

7. In the Mood 3:25

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.