Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thoughtI remembered how this track went - that is until I tried to record it
Still I had a bit of a laugh and got lost in a few places. The 5/4 time signature is not my friend!!

Anyhow it was fun if a little rushed (sorry)

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
I really want to hear this properly when I get home...I am here with a cruddy laptop and forgot my headphones...but from what I can make out with these cheapy speakers...it sounds very well done.

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Sounds good mate. The only part I could hear it going out was pre solo where the chord picking is...the 5/4 section! (as you said above...having just read it as I wrote this
) Liked the solo and the sound you used for it. Good work.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was awesome, killa job Goport!!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the comments everyone. This was kind of fun but next time I may have to check out the tab. The version on this was the one I worked out when I first started playing guitar (many years ago) lol. I was pleased with the Nylon sound though .

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all. Rain, you crack me up. Porty lol!

Axe, I used the VG-88 V2 to get the tone. I was chuffed that the Intro sounded a little like it and the solo tone is about right although it needs a subtle delay. I'll know better next time

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
Goport, awesome stuff. gr8 classic song and this version was stellar!!!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks flair - that means a lot me

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Now listening properly...Go Goport!!! Nice stuff!! The solo tone is fantastic!! Mix vol a little low overall, but killer job!!!
Nice chops!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Rasputin, I have to be honest and say it was my RG470 put through the VG-88. Listening back, it does sound quite convincing though. I did the same with La Villa Strangiato but forgot for a second and used my trem
I think there are a few people who use the vg-88 with hexaphonic piezo pickups on steel/nylon acoustics these days.

BP - Thanks man. it was harder than I thought. one day I will be able to play it right

1 - 20 of 21 Posts