Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few of there albums. I find they were Geniuses when it came to music back in there prime (70s). My fav album is Farewell to Kings... What are your favorites?

They were what inspired me to buy an ES 335...

·
Registered
164 Posts
grant said:
I have a few of there albums. I find they were Geniuses when it came to music back in there prime (70s). My fav album is Farewell to Kings... What are your favorites?

They were what inspired me to buy an ES 335...
I love Rush and Love all their musical periods.

Fave albums: Moving Pictures, A Farewell To Kings, Rush In Rio

:icon_thum

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
I ve been a big rush fan for many years...Neil is the best Drummer on Earth..IMO
2112, Hemispheres, Moving Pictures are some of my FaVORITE aLBUMS:rock:

·
Registered
425 Posts
I don't have any of their albums but my friend really likes them. They are one hell of a band that's for sure... all really talented. Peart is definately one of the best drummers out there :devilchil

·
Registered
479 Posts
favorite?? so hard to pick just one.......have to day a farewell to kings,2112 comming in at a close 2nd

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
A farewell to Kings - no question! the clarity and playing is unbelieveable. Peart is at his best on this imo. He has never sounded better on record. Moving Pictures a close second and Permanent Waves 3rd.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rush? Someone say Rush?
I love Rush. I was in a Rush tribute band for a few years. We mostly played the prog stuff from the 70's. Nice to see a few more Rush heads around here!

·
Registered
425 Posts
PK Kenny said:
Rush? Someone say Rush?
I love Rush. I was in a Rush tribute band for a few years. We mostly played the prog stuff from the 70's. Nice to see a few more Rush heads around here!

:thumb:

good call!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I love Rush, especially Alex's playing. I've learned so much from listening and playing their music. I love their '70s stuff, especially Caress of Steel - their most underrated album, IMHO.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Loved the old RUSH. Favorite album, Hemispheres.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Hemispheres is soo technically perfect isn't it? :). IMO Rush didn't put a foot wrong from AFTK through to Moving Pictures. Every LP was such an obvious progression. I love the first 4 LPs and still listen to them but A Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures are my mainstays. I did a rating for a mate to see how our scores compared - his were much the same ... These were mine.

Rush 7/10
Fly By night 8/10
Caress of Steel 7/0
2112 8.5/10
Farewell To Kings 10/10
Hemispheres 9/10
Permanent Waves 10/10
Moving Pictures 10/10
Signals 7/10
Grace Under Pressure 8/10
Power Windows 8/10
Hold Your Fire 8/10