Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished this one up, it's a John Prine song called Unwed Fathers. I've always liked the song, but never had a female voice to do it right, well Rain was kind enough to step in and fill the gaps, and did a great job. This was the hardest mix I've ever done, so comments are welcome as I'm still tweaking it. :doh: And a big thanks and a hug to Mandy for helping me out.:sap:

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
WOW!!! :bowdown: Awesome guitar and vox Rythameen and Awesome vox Mandy, I soooo love it, absolute AWESOME job by you both!! :icon_thum :icon_thum

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Awww thanks a bunch jimmy sweety:icon_thum ..Glad you enjoyed it...:icon_thum

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Rythameen said:
Just finished this one up, it's a John Prine song called Unwed Fathers. I've always liked the song, but never had a female voice to do it right, well Rain was kind enough to step in and fill the gaps, and did a great job. This was the hardest mix I've ever done, so comments are welcome as I'm still tweaking it. :doh: And a big thanks and a hug to Mandy for helping me out.:sap:
...I thank you Cliff for asking me to be a part of this...You did such a Fantastic job all around on this one...Big huggs right back at ya hun!;)

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
I believe there's a slot open at the Grand Ole Opry this saturday night if you two are interested!!!!!:woot: Terrific vocals guys!!!:icon_thum Rhythameen....I assume you did the guitar work as well? Gr8 stuff, bro!!!:jam:

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sgstd said:
I believe there's a slot open at the Grand Ole Opry this saturday night if you two are interested!!!!!:woot: Terrific vocals guys!!!:icon_thum Rhythameen....I assume you did the guitar work as well? Gr8 stuff, bro!!!:jam:
Yup, that'd be me............2 electric rythmns, 2 acoustic rythmns, a "click guitar", and 2 leads, it was a kick putting it all together, I did the bass too (alright so it was just root/five through the whole thing) and programmed the drums.

·
Registered
207 Posts
This is just AWESOME! I enjoyed everything about it. Guitar work was superb and the vox work was top notch. The two of you blended nicely. :bannana_g

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Oh this is so good! the voices work well together and the performance are great. The playing is great and the separation of the guitars in the mix is superb. The only thing I'd change is the drums are a bit low for my tastes.

Excellent collab!

·
Yeah, so what?
1,562 Posts
I woke up and listened to this one, turned it up, put a big smile and laid back listening to it, what else could I ask for? Great one,really enjoyed both vox and that kinda steel pedal vibe on the guitar :mix:

·
I GARAWWWNTEE!!!!!
1,810 Posts
Truly, Truly, a most inspired rendition ya'll!!!:D . Rythameen, what can I say!!......superb track all the way 'round, from tones to dynamics and approach,and vox, just stellar!!!:thumb: . And Rain sweety.... definately your nich I think...... lovely, sultry, sweetness indeed. Would love to hear you do a lead vox in this vein fer sure:thumb:. Great collab you two!!!! ( wife just walked in, HUGE country fan, and was blown away!!)

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
WOW!!!..You guys are soooo great!...Talk about putting a smile on someones face...I have one as big as new york city right now:icon_thum ..Thank you all for listening and such great comments!...

Mandy

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
walt q. said:
This is just AWESOME! I enjoyed everything about it. Guitar work was superb and the vox work was top notch. The two of you blended nicely. :bannana_g
Thanks Walt.......means a lot.

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wahwah said:
Y'all want me to put some fixings out? Real purdy! Love the mix of vocals and the geetar was real twangy and stuff! Good work fella's.

:bannana_g
Shucks there WahWah, y'all can call me anything you want, just don't call me late for supper.:toothless I was just croakin out my part, Mandy made it "purdy":woot:

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Goport said:
Oh this is so good! the voices work well together and the performance are great. The playing is great and the separation of the guitars in the mix is superb. The only thing I'd change is the drums are a bit low for my tastes.

Excellent collab!
I thought about boosting the drums, but I went so long this one with just a rythmn guitar and the drums for timing, that when I had all the parts done I had the drums burned into my head so I ended up burying them in the mix. And thanks for your kind words.

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BleedingPinky said:
I woke up and listened to this one, turned it up, put a big smile and laid back listening to it, what else could I ask for? Great one,really enjoyed both vox and that kinda steel pedal vibe on the guitar :mix:
Thanks Pinky, this was the first time I ever tried real "country geetar" I tried the lead so many times and nothing sounded right, the take I went with was actually just dinking around trying to come up with a part, but I had hit record instead of just play and thought, "works for me".

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JPF said:
Truly, Truly, a most inspired rendition ya'll!!!:D . Rythameen, what can I say!!......superb track all the way 'round, from tones to dynamics and approach,and vox, just stellar!!!:thumb: . And Rain sweety.... definately your nich I think...... lovely, sultry, sweetness indeed. Would love to hear you do a lead vox in this vein fer sure:thumb:. Great collab you two!!!! ( wife just walked in, HUGE country fan, and was blown away!!)
Thanks JPF, all you guys are too kind, tell you wife thanks too. Mandy and I will probably be cooking up some more stuff in the near future.

·
Registered
733 Posts
wow! freakin awesome collab...ya'll! :lol: i think you did an excellent job of mixing this rythameen. the guitar pannings are nice. and its just a cool song. mandy my friend you did awesome as always. your bama accent shows in this one..:D but thats good in this case right?

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
MattM said:
wow! freakin awesome collab...ya'll! :lol:
......I see you gots the bama gramma flowing too my friend...YA'LL...;) ...THanks for listening sweety..my favorite bama buddy:woot:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts