Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, by now most of you should know, I'm into the blues. I haven't sang in a long, long time, and here is why. :lol: My take on an old Elmore James song. It Hurts Me Too. The licks are a little bit of Clapton, Peter Green, and me. The vocals are unfortunately all me. So here it is.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Fuck me that is a deep voice!!! this is quality though. You really have a class blues voice. I would take a bit of reverb of the main guitar line to make the performance sound a bit more live. This great actually. I am on my second listen here. Sod it - I have saved this!! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Holy crap bro.... thats one killer voice...... damn.... porty wasnt lying....
they gotta drag the ground to get a voice like that.. Guitar work is straight up perfect.. :thumb:

Kick ass tune ryth..... thanks for sharin it. :thumb:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Holey COW!!!!.........I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....Rythameen man you kick ass hun!!!..I love that voice of yours...and that guitar tone is outstanding!!...This whole damn performance was FANTASTIC!...I say MORE PLZ!...I am keeping this one for sure!...........You Rock Rythameen!!:thumb: :thumb:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Oh Yea!..One more thing...That laugh was tops!:thumb:

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Damn!! They let all kinds of singers in here now...LOL!!! :lol: :lol:
Ryth....that was AWESOME!!!! :rock: both sides of the ball....vox and guitars!!!

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
WOW:rock: man thats really you!!!!!!! COOL!!!! Man I wish I could sing like that,,, heck I wish I could at all!:toothless

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Porty, Vintage, Rain, Sling and 3Fingers, thanks a ton. I was real apprehensive about posting vox. I don't alway sing that low, I tried to sing it an octave higher, but just couldn't make it. I can do a mean Barry White too. :toothless I always wanted to write a Barry White tribute, thought I'd call it "Sorry Baby, I F**ked Up". Oooh Yeah!! BTW Rain, the laugh at the end came because my daughter was watching me do the track, since she couldn't hear the music, she was making all these goofy faces trying to get me to flub.

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Rythameen said:
BTW Rain, the laugh at the end came because my daughter was watching me do the track, since she couldn't hear the music, she was making all these goofy faces trying to get me to flub.
...Aww that is the cutest thing!......My son will lay on my bed and watch me sometimes...Its so great ..:icon_thum

·
Thunder from the East
2,039 Posts
Awesome!!! Great Vocs!! U Should Sing More!! Maybe Metal Tunes Too :D

·
Registered
876 Posts
Are you sure you're not Lee Armstrong ?, that was deep deep deep vox, I had to drink a glass of water to clear my throat after that. Amazing and guitar sounds very sweet blusey tone. Its a shame the tune is'nt longer..... :icon_cool

·
Yeah, so what?
1,562 Posts
:thumb: Now you kept this as a secret heh? Awe man, that was neat :mix:
I want more,...

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
heheh, cool growly deep voice dude ;)
sounded a bit like the cookie monster ;)

laughed when i saw Goports initial reply lol ;)

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Walt. Like I said, I was a little bit apprehensive about posting this, but now that the first one is out of the way, it's kinda fun, and I plan on doing more.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts