Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Kefka

Votes: 3 23.1%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my my entry for the Jazz Battle. When I accepted the challenge I neglected to ask whether Kefka meant trad Jazz, fusion, jazz blues, so my entry is more of a traditional jazz comp. Anyway here it is, looking forward to Kefka's entry, I'm sure it will kill.

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
nice work there rhythameen ! .. i really enjoyed that ..

sounds like the backing is a slight variation on autumn leaves .. if not actually autumn leaves ? ... did you make it ? .. i'd love to hear where this came from

again nice axe work ! .. right up my alley .

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great ear there Stig..........it is a variation on Autumn Leaves. It came from from a Stand Alone CD for Jazz. This is really my first time trying something with changes like this. My son plays guitar in his high school jazz band, and I have been looking at the charts he brings home. Then he asked me to comp for him while he solos, and vice versa. I always thought, "I ain't playing no old folks music, (now I am almost one). But it is great fun, I'm going to study up and do more.

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
ah that is really cool stuff mate ! ,

those classic tunes (like autumn leaves) are so much fun to solo over even comping over htem is kinda fun . very cool ... keep it up !

·
Registered
41 Posts
:bowdown: wow thats really awesome man. makes me wanna start learnin jazz, can you name me a few awesome jazz guitar players??? once again, awesome stuff man.

G

·
Ok, I went out of my usual tone and set up for this one.I used a les paul clone on the neck pickup, killed the gain down to 3 on my fender twin, added some reverb and gave it a go.

Rythameen: exquisite playing man.Tasteful jazz is always a treat.Killer post!!!

And yes, our posts are very different.I should have clarified that I went for a way more agressive take on my tune.Both are in the same genre, but If you think we should cancel this to record something more fitting let me know.

BTW I got the backing right here before the old BT section closed, dont remember who made it though.

Attachments

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry I didn't get back sooner, (some people actually expect me to work), any way, if it's okay, I'll just let it ride and take my chances. Love your piece by the way. I really like that style, I have been listening to Frank Gambale for a long time............now if I could just play like him.....or you. :dance:

G

·
Thats alright rythameen, you are doing just fine anyways :thumb:

BTW, 3 voters already but no comments....come on guys!!, how am I supposed to get better if you dont give feedback!!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
I went with Rythameen on this one. His take was more traditional Jazz. Kefka, your playing was stellar, more Fusion than Jazz though. Maybe a little too much Fusion for my taste. Please don't offended, your tone and playing were great though.

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
i had to go with rhythameen on this one as well i must say ,

your playing was freeken stellar kefka , very fluid and clean , but rhythameens just had more swing to it for my ears , just hit me a bit more , in terms of traditional jazz ..

very nice entrys both of you though !

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
sweet tasty playing rythameen!

nice fluid fuuuuuuuuusion kefka! loved the fluid sweet licks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts