Votes: 10 90.9%
  • nroberts

Votes: 1 9.1%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is my entry to a BT by nRoberts, he called it Country Blues, so I just sat down and listened to it a few times, couldn't come up with anything I liked until I saw my slide sitting on the floor and came up with this on the second try. I just wish the BT was longer, cause it was kinda fun to play to. Comments alway welcome, but please don't vote until my esteemed opponet has posted his entry. :icon_peac

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Here be mine. I of course leaned more toward blues than country.

BTW, this is the line 6 pretending to be an SLO. Recording wise it sounds pretty damn close I think. Live is of course a totally different matter, but anyway...let me know what you think on that one.

Good luck Rythameen, I haven't listened to yours yet...I will though as soon as this is done uploading.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
DOH! I'm going to loose another one ;) You got my vote anyway...

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Did you use standard tuning for this? I really love slide work but I suck so bad at it. This is really quite cool.

Your mp3 cuts in after the beginning though, something happen? Least that is what it does in my player.

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nroberts said:
Did you use standard tuning for this? I really love slide work but I suck so bad at it. This is really quite cool.

Your mp3 cuts in after the beginning though, something happen? Least that is what it does in my player.
No I used Open A, being an old Keith Richards fan, I love A and G, I'm even thinking about buying a Squier Tele, and making it into a 5 string so I can be like "Keef". You're right about it cutting into the beginning, I chopped off the count a little too close, I'm gonna re-upload it.

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nroberts said:
DOH! I'm going to loose another one ;) You got my vote anyway...
Don't be so sure, anyway it's all fun, and that's what it's really all about.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
GLStanley said:
Rythameen

Where is your cut at.....I don't see it.... :confused:
He took it out to fix the beginning and it never came back... :dunno:

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GLStanley said:
Rythameen

Where is your cut at.....I don't see it.... :confused:
It's there now, I took it down to fix it, I was watching a SRV video, and forgot to click save changes when I reupped it..... :sssh: :icon_redf :sssh:

·
Registered
299 Posts
great job both :icon_thum , been tapping my foot listening to both of you, nroberts got some mature newage texas blues in there but Rythameen's got it down ,pure meat and potatos,damn tasty slide work.hands down!

ps.the backing was too short ,things could go places if it was a bit longer,

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HELLO......HELlo......HEllo.........Hello...........hello. Man it is quiet in here, I can hear an echo. I can't believe no one has looked at this thread for 11 hours.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Rythameen said:
Thanks Seq, Andrew, and Rez for the feedback, I just wish some of the other voters would leave comments.
Yeah, especially since none of the ones that voted for me said anything. Might be interesting to know what made them make that choice...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts