Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Cool, now maybe Ed can start work on a solo album!

Of course, I'd rather see him go into rehab than put out a solo album. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some dude on the Blabbermouth board says he heard from a Peavey rep that Ed is hooked on crack and that this is why they dropped him. This might be a sack of shit, but at least I'm sure Ed is on the sauce.

Time to get sober and get back to reality for Ed.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Ed is not on crack. I read that too and it's bullshit.

I'm not even sure that Sam's comments have anything to do with Ed. It may just be that Sam feels they have nothing left too proove. Who knows.

One thing I know is that I'm tired of this horseshit. Either get a singer that wants to be a full time member, or just call it a day.

Till then I'll be supporting Soul Sirkus and my man Neal Schon.

·
Registered
309 Posts
CanyonCarver said:
Some dude on the Blabbermouth board says he heard from a Peavey rep that Ed is hooked on crack and that this is why they dropped him. This might be a sack of shit, but at least I'm sure Ed is on the sauce.

Time to get sober and get back to reality for Ed.
I saw that too, Very well could be true but I usually laugh at peoples responses at that place anyway. I can only hope Eddie will do something we will love.

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, there are some really sick people on that board.

The thing remains, VH has not made any updates to the site, no news, nothing.
How much longer will we be waiting? Make the announcement and stick a fork in it for crying out loud!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Cant say that I would blame him. If Ed and company want to just sit back and rest on their laurels, so be it. But, Sammy has shown a much better business accumen by investing in many other ventures. Basically, he wasn't going to depend on the brothers Van Halen to provide for he and his family. Who can blame him?

While selfishly I wish they would get it together and put out another record, I don't even care about a tour. Just make another record. If they aren't interested in playing anymore - I can live with that. You can't make VH have the desire to perform if their collective hearts aren't in it. They could have been so much more than they will be remembered for. And you can't blame it all on substance abuse. Shoot if that were the case, the Rolling Stones would have never made it. IMO, they had poor handlers and PR staff.

Back to Sammy, he should just recognize the fact that without VH, his only real claim to fame was "I Can't Drive 55". He should appreciate the VH experience and move on and make up Eddie's mind for him.

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
I know Ed has problems with alcohol and life in general but crack? I don't believe that for a second, funny it should come from a rep of the company Ed left. :icon_roll

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
I don't know, but I wish that Ed would have gone and got himself hooked on something that was easier to get off of.....like phonics or something.

;)

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ericgtr said:
I know Ed has problems with alcohol and life in general but crack? I don't believe that for a second, funny it should come from a rep of the company Ed left. :icon_roll
Yup. And who knows if this clown that posted the message actually knowns anyone working for Peavey?

I guess time will tell, as usual.

Screw it, let's go play some guitar. :D

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
With Ed's personality and money, if he was doing crack, he would be dead by now! If Sammy really does leave for good......I think it's just too late for VH to mount another charge in this current market.

The really sad part is that Ed "has enough stuff for 10 CDs" and we will never get to hear any of it. Maybe Wolfgang will get a band and record some of it someday...and Ed can just produce the stuff.

·
Registered
529 Posts

If I can't have Van Hagar then Sam & The Wabos will do just fine!
They Rock!

I hope they put out a new record of originals soon.
This summer I'm going to see them at
Sweden Rock Festival, that should be good fun!!

Also doing the festival is
Anthrax, Megadeth, Motörhead, Accept, Black Label Society , Dream Theater, Yngwie Malmsteen, Dio and Mötley Crüe to name a few!
Man...the amounts of brew I'm gonna throw back that weekend....

About VH though, I have 3 of the shows from the Reunion tour on dvd, and it's almost like I wish they hadn't done it, because Ed didn't really seem that into it.

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
I'm just sick of the whole van halen situation , it really does not bother me anymore whether they are together or not , The whole reunion with sammy last year seemed rushed and half assed , especially the songs on BOBW . because of that they've lost a dedicated fan for the future in me and i'm sure alot of others feel the same way . either call it quits officially or sit down and do things like a real professional band .

Having said that ed is one of my major influences and i will always be a fan and student of van halens past

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I wouldn't care if they made a new album with no damn singer....I just want some more VH! I just wish we could hear some of the TONS of Ed's songs sitting on the shelf. A solo album seems very appropriate right now and just think of the money that album would generate as long as Ed stuck to his bread and butter style! :D

·
Your own personal Satan
766 Posts
Isn't Sam already touring (or set up dates) with Mike Anthony?

The best I would realistically hope for is some Ed solo stuff, since Ed will never work with Roth again....

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Yea Sam heads out on tour next week. I'll be at the gig on friday in Atlantic City.

·
Your own personal Satan
766 Posts
I thought so. I really didn't consider this much of an announcement. They're all doing their own thing and may or may not get back together in the future. Have a good time.....

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I pretty much flushed Van Halen at 1984.....w/Jump! To me, VH will always be the first 3 albums............ :dunno:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts