Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
THIS ONLY WORKS ON LO-FI
Hey dudes, I managed to record Sanitarium with Van Man's killer vox! This guy is amazing I'm telling you guys. I played the guitars and Van did the vox, and I have a crappy muffled Backing Track. The reason the sound is so muffled is because I played the backing track through one speaker (the second is broken), and recorded it with a broken, cheap mike. Cheers guys!Hope you like it!
THIS ONLY WORKS ON LO-FI

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
C'mon dudes,could anyone check this cover out please?

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Not really familiar with this song. But from what I can hear you did a nice job. Too bad about the BT and production, with the vox and all, this song really deserves a better mix.

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
Not familiar with the tune itself but it is melodic , nice acoustic to kick things off , and the first bit of lead is real kewl , Vocals are quite superb , very nice tone and the phrasing is top dog !, if its possible i would love to hear this recorded again , dudes you owe it to yourselves , this is a quality piece of metal , Vocals are a sheer delight to listen too , just the drums and guitars struggle to match . INTERSTING POST :thumb:

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
like your plsying alot,, but this track deserves alot better rdcording imo like art and rhythameen said. fantastic vocals also.. too bad the guiatr and playing got muffled. with such great playing and all,, the recording kinda makes it lack in production.. otherwise,, fantastic playing and vocals for sure!!!:rock: :rock:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks guys, In order to geat awesome quality and mixing and producing, I'm buying the PODXT, please guys tell me if this is a good buy and if I should solve most of my tone/producing problems. (Also criticize my song). Oh and also how exactly do you connect the POD XT do you connect it to your amp like a regular effects pedal and then use it from thee or can you also just connect it to the Computer and use the PC as your amp?

·
Registered
77 Posts
The sound quality sucked terribly on the mix, though the playing and vocals were pretty kick a$$. I would really like to hear this re-done with a more solid production. As far a getting a PodXT, spend the extra couple of bucks, get the PodXTL (you also get the FX pack free with it) and then download the Metal Amps Pack. You connect from the unit through USB into your PC. I actually run the XTL into the USB and into my sound card, creating an instant double track if so desired for my recording (I use Sonar and have lately been using Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro3 which sounds great, is easier to use, and has 32 tracks). Hope this info is useful. Any more questions, feel free to e-mail and/or send me a private message.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok thanks but I don't have enough to buy the XTLIVE (500 or somewhere ner), so I'm going with the XT. Anyways back to th playing, you guys don't need to answer my POD question I'll ask in the gear forum.

·
Airborne Warrior
699 Posts
again for a young player that was excellent, shame about the quality of the recording but tremendous playing mate

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
ND strikes again! Cool man,,, this is just an awesome - relaxing - disturbing at the same time rendition!!!!! Just plain COOL!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Sling, its good to now that this makes you feel all of those emotions lol.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Nicely done! Brought back memories of England for me - which is where I was when this tune came out. I agree with the other posters here - definitely see if you can re-do this after you get your POD and then it will be really awesome!

Rj

·
I GARAWWWNTEE!!!!!
1,810 Posts
Not to be lazy :notme: but......Ditto

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys, I willl repost when I will get my PODXT, which should be in a month and a half since I'm in America now.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Top collab GK and VM. The sound quality doesn't bother me at all, it just sounds live to me. Good stuff. Thumb:

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Well...i agree Linda...and 5 she gets from me as well. Quality of the vocals just was outstanding both in performance and tone...the backing and guitars just need to be polished, but it's tight playing!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts