Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys and girls, this is my first atempt at mixing a jam and i don't know what it is like so...meh! onto the talent!

whether it is axeshredders mercless tapping or rockonthis' unique and strange tones and effects, or stiglars smooth and clean runs and licks, or even electjoy the new comer who is so good it makes my teeth hurt (look out for him) or even bbkanes satch mirror like lead with nice effects. theres something in this jam for everyone that will make you scream, "gimmie more!" (now was that an intro...? or what?)

OT 1 Start - 00:40 axeshredder
SLOT 2 00:40 - 01:21 rockonthis
SLOT 3 01:21 - 02:02 stiglar
SLOT 4 02:02 - 02:43 electjoy
SLOT 5 02:43 - 03:24 bbkane
SLOT 6 03:24 - End Myself

enjoy friends! the first 5 slots are gonna blow you away!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Wow this is good stuff.

Axeshredder - great tone and a fine bit of playing, great legato

Rockonthis - That effect was totally mad and you kind of stuck with the theme

Stiglar - Nice and mellow and your tone was class. Some great runs too

electjoy - lovely sweep at the beginning totally pro playing

bbkane - Like the way you stuck with the main theme and whammy work was cool

mickey - great harmony work and a weird noises. Your sounding like a total pro

Well mixed and played everyone. It sounded like it was a blast to jam too.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Great stuff Mickey, my piece sounds a touch off, but I guess that'll teach me for coming in early on my spot hehe! Nice work Axe, Rock - that was some cool shit Bro loved it! Stig gets the tone\phrasing\licks award [very cool], BBKane more mental stuff loved - that too and Mikey...awesome as always Sir. Top job, roll on the next Jam!!!!

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
mix sounds fine man good stuff .. some pretty rocking playing and some really interesting tones here too . lol .. pretty whacky stuff rockonthis lol . good job guys

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
first of all.. GREAT MIX!! very well produced..

axeshredder - great legato licks!! very pro... very very pro
rock on this - as usual.. killer! i love that tone.. great effects.. well chosen..
stiglar - nice woman tone hehehhe.. very sweet!! kool!!
electjoy - great fusion licks!! very very kool.. wicked!!!! heheh
bbkane - nice whammy pitch bends!! unique!
mickey - great counterpoint, harmonies!! wow man.. wonderful..

great job to everyone!!!!!! killer!

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Very good stuff guys. I can see a couple of the slots are slightly out timewise but for a first jam Mickey, it's bloody good! Excellent playing from all...thought electjoy was awesome-my fave anyways.
Axe...nice Satch type style and feel. Rock...great use of effects and playing! Stig...that tone is beautiful as ever. Very like the tone on the original song. electjoy...where you been hiding!? Lovely tone and licks. BB...whammy mania! Great..think I'll have to dig mine out again! Mickey...nice use of harmoniser and good mixing...nice ending! Good work fellas.

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
killer jam guys .. and a big thankyou to mickey_g for putting this one together .. i had a nice time improvising over this puppy ! .. personally i think i got smoked by the other participants .. i felt the momentum come right back once i started playing ! lol ..

axeshredder - nice big fat opening to get things rolling i enjoyed !

Rockonthis - another crazy harmonyd guitar that i enjoyed .. it had it all !

electjoy - whoa is all i can say to have my final note shared with that crazy devastating arpeggio is an honour ! a great fly by in deed !

BBkane - the whammy work was crazy ! .. i've always wanted to get a whammy pedal and your solo just brought my craving up a step !

and of course mickey i'm stealing that lick at about 3:55 ok ? .. it was aweomse and not to mentiuon the harmonys and panned lick swapping .. production value is very proffesional and the last chord capped it off !

well done all !

Stig

G

·
wow... awesome jam guys... i think the other guys nailed it with the individual comments. all i can say is..

WELL DONE THE LOT OF YA!

i love downloading the jams whether i'm in them or not... love hearing the shared talent.. well done guys!

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
Wow guys just unbelievable !!!! Im just totally blown away and speachless !!! What great talent we have here ! Great success Mickey !!! Congrats ! This ones a keeper !

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
That came out well....some slight timing issues but not bad. The first guitar might have been a tad low IMO...but pretty good mix all around.

Some very interesting playing all the way around.

·
Registered
470 Posts
This was a blast for sure! Thanks for all the cool comments guys! You rock!

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Wow kickass guys, this was awesome, killa job by all!!!

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
awesome stuff.....first to Mick on taking this on and the great choice in backer

You can clearly see that everyone heart and soul was in this and excellent work on your parts showing each refined individual style....great job everyone and thanks to those who made indivdual comments...much appreciated

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.