Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been given a project body and neck by a friend of mine.

He said it was made by Satellite. I have never heard of them & tried searching and couldnt find them. Does anyone here recognise them?

Also he has foolishly painted the back of the neck and the headstock with some form of black paint but it is a really very poor job and it doesnt feel nice and smooth as you you can feel the brush strokes and it wasnt varished properly.
Can anyone recommend a good way to remove this paint and to try and get it back to its original feel?

Cheers for any help people.

Regards
Pete

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
I used to have a dodgy satellite. My first guitar in fact. 1985. They were cheap jap/korean replica guitars and were only marginally better than the Kays Catalogue guitars. IIRC they were sold by a rival catalogue. Mine was a gibson 335. copy and the next acted like a trem if you put any pressure on it. But it did look cool :thumb:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know if there is a website for these guitars as I have no idea how its supposed to look.

I litterally have the body and the neck and that is IT!!!

I know I need a scratchplate but I need to know an idea of what it should look like so I can sketch it out and design what I am going to do to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts