Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Satch's Driving at Night from the album Not of this Earth.
I recorded this in 1988/89 on a Tascam Porta One 4 Track. The keyboard part was sequenced by a friend of mine, Mick Hanking (great job) on his (then) state of the art Casio CZ1000. I programmed the drum machine and played guitars and bass. All the guitar parts were recorded direct with a Rockman Sustainer.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Cut it out Joe...i know its you...lol

Great Job...lost the recording of this one and havent heard it in so long...would you be kind enough to post the backer or send it? link to my email at website below..thanks either way

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Axe, I will post some backing tracks when I get my studio gear back out the boxes !! Home Improvements come first (the gospel according to my wife) lol lol .

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
I am bumping this post because it kicks such ass and it is kind of falling through the cracks towards the bottom. If you haven't heard the original version of this song, you are pretty much listening to it. The tone and playing are practically identical. I have never heard anyone who has the ability to "photocopy" a Joe Satriani tune as closely as this. Great job Sadge. Can't wait to hear more.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
two words - fucking amazing!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts