Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the platinum tickets like axeshredder so I get the stage tour an the meet & greet.funny thing is I even own the same satch guitar he had signed by joe.of course I'll be taking it for him to sign.I also hope to get some good pics of the show.I cant wait to go!! I'll post some as soon as I can.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well,I'm still freakin out! I dont even know where to start.If you love the guitar dont miss this tour.great news for all of the guys down under,joe will be there in march.I got to sit front row cener for the show last night.joe was so on it was unbelievable.they went into extended jams that were amazing!the show was recorded for a possible live cd.I sure hope they will release it soon.the tour of the stage was great.I hung out with jeff campitelli (joe's drummer) for a good while on stage.what a great guy.as well as our tour guide john,very down to earth.he got 2 of my friends upgraded to 2nd row center.they were lovin that! I took about 110 pictures and some of them are poster quality.they really came out great! after the show I wanted to be last to meet joe.there were 21 of us platinum ticket holders and about 7 guitars that people had autographed.I got to spend about 5 mins with joe talking about everything from what he drives to fishing with les claypool.what a nice guy.I have a whole new respect for joe,his band and crew.joe was very excited about a new range rover he just bought.any way,to be different I had the whole band sign my guitar.joe put "to jeff keep jammin joe satriani" then I asked him to draw a picture of himself and that is the drawing.like a caricature of himself.its so awesome and more personal than just a regular autograph.and to top it all off I had him talk on my cell phone and say " hello,this is joe satriani,jeff cant take your call so leave him a message" that was actually my friends idea to have him do.joe actually thought that was cool.any way I'll post a audio clip of that and some pictures as soon as possible.I will never forget this evening with joe. p.s. I did mention guitars 101 to him,he said many others have as well,and when he gets some free time he would like to check out the site.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
That is an awesome thing that happened to you. You are very very lucky. Must feel god to meet a guitar legend and then find out he is a cool guy in person.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts