Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks man...that Flextone II was a great amp. God knows why I sold it. :dunno:

By the way, this was done with an Ibanez RG470 that I had at the time. There's a tiny bit when you can hear me 'trill' with the trem (when you knock it and let it spring back and it gives you that cool trilling sound) and the backing track is the song from the 'FIABD' album without guitar. I think it was posted on a fan site but I lost the original years ago before anyone asks! :thumb:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Wahwah this is quality mate. I also love the tone.

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks man! I've always thought of this song being somewhat 'Santana-ish' in that it's got that beat and the bass line is funky as hell. The hardest thing was that the track was in Eb and I couldn't be bothered to undo the locking nut and re-do it so I played it all a fret down...nightmare trying to get the harmonics out! :eek:

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
awesome playin man!!!!!!!1:jam:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
nice warm tone!!!
very clean and tasty playing as well!!!
very nicely done!

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
strat78 said:
You shouldn't hide this stuff from us! Lots of texture in your phrasing!
Hehe...I wouldn't hide it strat but my recording and writing has improved since the POD xt landed on my desk. I'm gonna put some of the VH tribute I did back up as when I originally did, there were about 200 members and now there's 9,000 odd! The funny thing is I'm happier with the VH tone out of the POD than I ever was with the Peavey 5150? Thanks for listening all.

:werd:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Your phrasing is especially sweet on this Chris! Tough tune to cop actually. I loved the way you emulated Satch's cool wild abandon in spots. Wicked mate. The day I have a bad thing to say about your playing is the same day I wear a dress to work!

:bowdown:

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was awesoem Chris, killa job!! :icon_thum :icon_thum

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
Very pro playing here , superb sounds indeed , didi you do this in one go mate cause its played just like the man him self :jam:

·
Registered
470 Posts
wahwah said:
Thanks people...for wild abandonment, stick 'didn't remember the runs in it's place! :lol:
LOL!

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bluesplayer said:
Very pro playing here , superb sounds indeed , didi you do this in one go mate cause its played just like the man him self :jam:
Yeah mate, this was one of my first recordings cos before I had the Line6 I didn't have a way for putting guitar into my pc...the flextone changed all that and got me started. This track was much more of a jammer as well...there's a theme you can go with and I just went from memory (which isn't very good these days!). I remember I had a suit on and was just going out the door when I thought I'd give it a go. My Ibanez was tuned a half-step higher and I didn't have time to re-tune it so I played it all in Eb which was a mind-fuck for some of the harmonics!

Now it takes me an age to do my original playing whereas with covers I try to put a bit of my own style in (fills the gaps I can't remember).

Thanks for listening. :icon_thum

1 - 20 of 22 Posts