Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

Scott Parnell vs chavster (10 votes to win)

• Scott Parnell

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • chavster

Votes: 10 83.3%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Crazy Admin
4,004 Posts
very cool tunes you guys !

welcome to the board chavster i think this is the first file i've heard from you , cool weird ass effect there . .is that a guitar with the octave thing ?

i enjoyed the tune specially the rhythm guitars , very heavy and thumpin ! your lead solo was very amping indeed !

Scott i really liked your tune too ! very hard to choose between the 2 , the riff you came in with at the beginning was nice and you had a good melody to go with it ! some nice little lead ideas in there .. cool stuff !

·
Registered
92 Posts
Scott, enjoyed youre playing again mate but my vote goes to the chavster on this one, if only for that cool whammy riff!!!

Chavster, wish you had boosted youre lead tone a bit more though, so we can really hear you rip:jam:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Chavster-Woah! Awesome stereo! Also, smooth rhythm, coupled with interesting leads. Don't suppose you'd want to give a quick tab of that lick 1:03 (I assume its open string work). Very cool "matrix'y" ring modulation as well. What fx unit are you using, I've got to gets me one of those.

Anyways, hmmm....I've got to go with Chavster here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm new here...what a great site!

Both tunes are really good...I've listened to both about 10x and found it very hard to vote for one over the other...

Tough rhythm there Scott. I liked your lead as well...fit the song really well. Cool harmonizing there around 0:49 seconds...very Maiden-like. :devilchil

Chavster, that was some wild whammy effects...very cool! The intensity around 0:56 was the deciding factor though and earned my vote...very intense riff that hooks the listener.

Excellent tunes!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.