Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is that Seether song that the chic from Evanence later sang harmonies on and put strings. It is a cool song and I just bought this CD.

It sounds better (the singing) live. My vocals don't have any LIFE to them, maybe cause I can't sing,,,,ha ha.

I am just going direct from a 1/4" to 1/8' jack into my PC's mic input and using Guitar Tracks Pro to record. I think I need a vocal pre amp, but not sure what I am supposed to get to accpmplish this for PC recording.

Oh ya the acoustic part I recorded, I just miced up the acoustic and went right into the pc direct. Hard also to get a strong level on that.

I am a shredder not a singer, but here ya go:thumb:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
That was sooo awesome!!!!...Guitar was right on!!!!..The vocals were great!!!..Loved it!!!!:D

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
I thought it was really good! What I use as a pre-amp is a behringer 4 track mixer (which is really quiet) to mix and amplify vocals, and the mic'd up guitar amp. It also would help on the acoustic levels as it help for mine. They are cheap. I think you can get a 6 channel now for under $100. Groovy stuff!

·
Thunder from the East
2,039 Posts
rain said:
That was sooo awesome!!!!...Guitar was right on!!!!..The vocals were great!!!..Loved it!!!!:D
i 100% agree!! :D

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was killa, just an aweosme job!!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Great job! I like the harmonies, you should try adding more :icon_thum
Seemed like the mp3 was cut off at the end though.. ?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks ALL.

The MP3 was cut off at the end because it was a one take acostic recording and i was just doing it to see how it sounded.

I cut if off before I started messing around :). That was all there was. I usually just do it to see how it sounds and say I will do it "Right" later, but never get around to it.

I appreciate the comments everyone even though most of you are pretty nice comment wise to many who post here anyway:thumb: even if they stink:laugh:

Have a good one everyone.

Gary

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
Cant fault this , recording accoustic guitars is a science to its self , this sounds nice , almost like the sound of a resonator , think of romeo and juliet from dire straights , i like the harmonies , and there is nothing wrong with your voice . Incidently i have researched into recording vocals on pcs , and nearly everybody suggests compression , and dessing ,but i think theres more to it than that . anyway , well done on this , sounds professional

·
Registered
69 Posts
A good musician can make the most of very little, and this serves as an example. It turned out quite well considering what you used.

I'm not sure anyone else will hear it, but in one part of the song (where you're singing the line "I keep your photograph").....it sounded like Elvis Costello.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts