Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Mickey and Mallory strike again!!??? Wow...Unlarian..this is pretty sharp stuff!! It's a fantastic compositon! Love your layers.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sister Wrathr-Yeah this piece was kinda complex I think. Actually I spend the majority of the song switching between keys every other bar (major keys in the first section, then minor/augmented arpeggios in the 2nd section, back to major keys for the 3rd part, and then maj7's for the outro). I love to harmonize the living crap out of my songs (here I think it probably hurt the song a bit though). Also, I love to try to find cool, "haunting" key modulations.

Thanks for the listen!

·
Banned
488 Posts
Very Good
I really like that Chord Progression

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was killa Ulnarian, awesome job!!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Ulny strikes again. Great piece. Best bit for me was 1:20 onwards, really well executed.

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Yet another great tune for your movie soundtrack demo. You should really put something like that together. You are really good with establishing spooky moods. Unique as usual. :thumup:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Ulnary you are one unique guitarist...I enjoy everything you do,,,this was very coolez!!!

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
top notch and gr8 wall of harmonies!! WTG. I still want an Ulnariun CD!! Your stuff is so unique and it rocks!!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
KC-Hiya, thx for stopping by. Spooky music just kinda comes natural to me, I'm not sure what it is about it. I'll start out writing a happy tune (like C major or something) but then before I know it I find myself modulating into something dark and twisted. I'm thinking I need to expand my horizons some more and do some "happy" stuff. Also heh, I suppose your're right, I think my pieces are kind of like little orchestral works rather than a tpyical solo guitar thing. I've got to do some more conventional stuff I think. Perhaps next time! Thanks for all the compliments.

·
Banned
488 Posts
Dude i liked the whole thing.....You're making some pretty good shit man

1 - 20 of 20 Posts