Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fans,fellow members wanted to get your thoughts on who you think put this current setlist together?Ed or Sam?I'll go first.I think Sam was the main source behind this current setlist,i think when he toured with Dave he heard the crowd go nuts with the Dave era songs.Also Sams solo stuff after the VH breakup is in his set example-Deeper Kind of Love,Tropic of Capricorn,Little White Lie intro,and a couple i have missed.I have heard no VHIII on this tour.
Whats your take fans?

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I actually think it's a band decision, but Sam obviously has alot of input. I'm not really sure if Sam has heard all of VH's material before he joined, because there are gems in there and he just doesn't want to sing them. He can obviously pull it off, but why he doesn't want too just boggles me. He'll sing cover songs out the waazoo in Cabo, but won't sing the Dave stuff in Van Halen. Kinda pisses me off, but what can ya do. Atleast sing some of the early Sam stuff if you're not gonna do much Dave material. Break out Summer Nights, 5150, Sucker In A Three Piece, all that shit man.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am sure it is Ed, Al & Sam. Sam sings the Dave stuff he has done before and is comfortable with, Jump, Panama, ATBL, YRGM & Unchained. SGMDoctor went over great during the 3 tour so they brought that back for Mike. I think if they had done just one more Dave era song it would have made all the classic fans happy, maybe ROMEO DELIGHT or Mean Street.

As for the Sam era I would have loved to have heard 5150, Summer Nights or Suckerina3peice this tour. If they do another Sam tour I think we will get a few old Sam tunes.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Yea I'm sure they'll mix up the set list more the next time around. They are supporting a Compilation cd, so I can't really complain about the set list. It just would be nice if they mixed it up a bit though. There are plenty of songs on the double discs that aren't in the set list. And The Craddle Will Rock, Black And Blue, Finish What Ya Started, Dacne The Night Away, stuff like that.

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[ QUOTE ]
SuckaIn3Piece said:
Yea I'm sure they'll mix up the set list more the next time around. They are supporting a Compilation cd, so I can't really complain about the set list. It just would be nice if they mixed it up a bit though. There are plenty of songs on the double discs that aren't in the set list. And The Craddle Will Rock, Black And Blue, Finish What Ya Started, Dacne The Night Away, stuff like that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes this is a good reason why i think they ought to do a evening with the mighty VH!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts