Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have a midi-enabled keyboard and i have a computer and i could most probablly download Cubase, i know how to use Cubase ( i have a cubase class in college ) but i'm not sure how i set it all up What cables do i need? is it easy ? etc etc so i'm looking for someone whos done this all before and can help me

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
I'm not sure if you have setup the keyboard yet but

when i did it it was really straight forward ... i just got a midi cable from my local electronic shop .. now your keyboard should have "midi In" and "midi out" and possibly a "midi through" slot ... plug in to midi out and the other side of the cable to the back of your computer into "midi in" provided you have a midi slot on the back of your computer .. if not you may need to buy an external box to plug into or i think you can get these midi to usb convertors now ... from there cubase should automatically pick up the midi signal and it should work ... good luck mate .. any questions let me know :thumb:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got a midi in & midi out sockets on the back of the keyboard and i have a fairly new 5.1 enabled sound card with a joypad pin slot is that where the midi connector from the keyboard goes ?

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
i'm fairly sure that should work .. . i'm not positive though sincei don't have a joypad slot on my comp ... give it a go and if it doesn't work you may have to get one of those convertor thingeys ...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for all the questions ! but are the Midi cables expensive? how much do they usually cost?... i just read up and u can get ones that connect from the keyboard to the joypad connection on ur pc and ones that can go from the keyboard into your USB slot

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
No worries mate ,

i just bought a straight midi cable and it was 10 bucks australian from memory which is what 5 pounds ?

i'm not too sure about the other types though , the usb ones may be a bit more expensive but may be your safest bet :thumb:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone know where i can download Cubase?

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
LOL :lol:

emule/kazaa

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i got a torrent for it :p i dont really trust kazaa with .exe files

1 - 10 of 10 Posts