Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this pickup any good? i just bought it im waiting on it delivered? need some opinion! all replys apperciated

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
I just dropped a '59 in a recent Strat project. Below is the link of an audio clip I made:

http://www.guitars101.com/vb/showthread.php?t=24726

You should like the pup if you like warm tone. Not too harsh, and certainly easy on the ears:icon_peac

I am also going to move this to the Guitar Rack for better exposure> :thumb:

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
:icon_thumI use one in my Wolfgang...it is alittle bit modified with an A2 magnet instead of the normal A5 one, but essentially it is a great classic pickup, lots of clarity and it never compresses and mush out your sound, it demands alittle from the player, since it is not a highgain pickup, but it has plenty of fatness and midrange bite.
I love mine alot..it is not going anywhere for a very long time.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The 59 is an all around great pup. Ive had them in my strat along w/ a C5, Virtual PAF and 57classic. It is by far was the best VH sound. In my LP they sound great and do jazz blues and metal with ease. To me it is the standard all other pups a made from. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
i ve been waiting fro my custom white covered '59 for over a month but i did quite a bit of research and im sure you wont be disapointed......the JB is also great too....as others say..ya cant go wrong with a SD!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback! i cant wait till it comes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts