Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should Van Halen include a \"cover version\" on new album?

Van Halen have a great tradition of making cover versions of classic and sometimes often forgotten gems. There are ones we love and those we never knew existed till Bootlegs were sourced, listened to and comments such as "damn they play a good ZZ TOP cover," were made. (thanks to EvH again for the package)

A friend of mine suggests "Whiter Shade of Pale" by Procal Harem. Now I know Sammy has done this with HSAS, but, what a song! Can you imagine the vocal delivery and maybe Eddie's guitar instead of the organ?

Your thoughts? This post may probably been debated before. Apologies, but I just love to talk about Van Halen.

For the record....the class I teach have chosen the theme song from "The Banana Splits" as the song they think should be covered. "One banana, two banana, three banana, four..."

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Re: Should Van Halen include a \"cover version\" on new album?

Man there are definetly a couple I would love to hear them record, the one that comes to mind is the ZZ Top Classic "Waiting For The Bus"!!

·
Banned
808 Posts

no,no!keep the new cd all original material.its been so long why do we want to hear covers?i remember when G&R made the cd (The Spaghetti Incident) all remakes and i remember at the end of one of them songs axl says something like go by the original!!!count me in on that,all original.

·
Registered
425 Posts

if they do a cover, it will have synths and the word "love" in the lyrics,,, haha jk

Seriously though, I'd like them to cover some sort of blues tune, or maybe even a jam. They're an awesome band and I'd like to see them do something different, and not worry about record sales...

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts

I could not object strongly enough to them recording a cover. With "10 albums" worth of material sitting around as Eddie has stated, there is no room for covers. Live is fun, cd's are for the new stuff.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

I actually wouldn't mind atleast one cover song thrown in there. We haven't had one since OU812, and I'd love to hear another one. I know Ed's favorite AC/DC song is Down Payment Blues, so I would love to hear what that would sound like with Sam on guitar as well.

·
Banned
808 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
SuckaIn3Piece said:
I actually wouldn't mind atleast one cover song thrown in there. We haven't had one since OU812, and I'd love to hear another one. I know Ed's favorite AC/DC song is Down Payment Blues, so I would love to hear what that would sound like with Sam on guitar as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
What?Hey pass some of that stuff my way Sucka that your smokin!!lol.Powerage is a rockin album man.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts