Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i may be interested in an Ibanez RG but there are so many.....i dont know where to start...........so please post up your Ibanez RG and comment on its sound and versitility......I thank you.........i guess Ibanez would too.:jam:

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
What can I say ? The first decent guitar I ever owned. Before her I had an Ernie Ball copy. It was shite. The pickups were weak, and it wouldn't stay in tune either, but it looked the part. I can't even remember the make of it now.

Anyway, the girlfriend (psycho) of the time decided she was going to buy me a guitar for Christmas. I told her that it was too expensive. Well, she said she was gonna buy it so I could choose one I liked, or have her get ripped off and get me a shit one.

So, I knew she would do, so I went looking for guitars.

Finally, in Nottingham, after eventually finding this highly reputable, yet difficult to fucking find guitar shop, I found this purple dream, which I traded the piece of shit in for along with a couple of hundred quid. An Ibanez RG470. She's got gold hardware and cream binding.

I'm a fussy bastard. The guitar has to look nice for a start, but more importantly, it has to play nice. This one has a great neck and is real easy to play.

It's a little wider than my Peavey, but the guitars are just different. It depends what mood I am in.

Pickups are what you would expect, responsive, and loud ! Whammy bar is great, as it has suffered some serious abuse from players who can do the whammy more justice than I can, yet it still stayed in tune.

I went shopping for another one with my brother and we couldn't find anything as nice as this one, and we played Ibanez's up to a grand and over in price. He was always after buying this one off me and I came close when money got tight a few times. Glad I managed to keep hold of her, as I'd be gutted to lose her.

Psycho broke the neck on her but she was replaced and plays better than before, probably because she got a great set up in the process.

I love the guitar...

There's my crap review for ya mate. Just wish you could play her to see what I mean... Actions speak louder than my words mate !

:thumb:

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Wow

That is a nice looking guitar Mondola!!! My jaw just dropped when I saw it.

I anxiously await some other RG pictures!!!

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh thats beautiful...and so is the wolfgang....great taste you and the neck braking psycho have...lol...i cant stop looking at it

RG-470...is the switch 5 way?

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Thanx guys. I fell in love with it as soon as I walked into the shop. Everyone who has ever played her has liked her. She's a bit of a slut that way I guess.

Yeah, 5 way switch, although it needs some of that electrical cleaning spray in it, cuz it's a tad crackly nowadays.

One of those things I need to get round to doing !

:lol:
Just a nice feeling guitar. It feels "rock". It's fairly heavy, but you know, comfortable heavy, sorta solid, and it's just got balls. It wants to be played loud !

·
Registered
198 Posts
That RG looks so close to the JEM. That guitar is beautiful though. The red color with the gold hardware matches really well.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts

Here's my bitch. 1989 with a custom material snakeskin finish. It's a decent sounding guitar, but to be honest it's nothing special (I guess due the amount of clearcoat on it). A standard RG550 of the same year would probably be a better sounding guitar. The trem on it is amazing, stable as hell. But let's face it....... I was 16 and only bought it cos it looked so wanky :lol:

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
mab8485 said:

Here's my bitch. 1989 with a custom material snakeskin finish. It's a decent sounding guitar, but to be honest it's nothing special (I guess due the amount of clearcoat on it). A standard RG550 of the same year would probably be a better sounding guitar. The trem on it is amazing, stable as hell. But let's face it....... I was 16 and only bought it cos it looked so wanky :lol:
Dude ! i would buy that guitar instantly i'm a big sucker for cool finishes and graphics ... it looks pretty cool !

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
mondola said:
What can I say ? The first decent guitar I ever owned. Before her I had an Ernie Ball copy. It was shite. The pickups were weak, and it wouldn't stay in tune either, but it looked the part. I can't even remember the make of it now.

Anyway, the girlfriend (psycho) of the time decided she was going to buy me a guitar for Christmas. I told her that it was too expensive. Well, she said she was gonna buy it so I could choose one I liked, or have her get ripped off and get me a shit one.

So, I knew she would do, so I went looking for guitars.

Finally, in Nottingham, after eventually finding this highly reputable, yet difficult to fucking find guitar shop, I found this purple dream, which I traded the piece of shit in for along with a couple of hundred quid. An Ibanez RG470. She's got gold hardware and cream binding.

I'm a fussy bastard. The guitar has to look nice for a start, but more importantly, it has to play nice. This one has a great neck and is real easy to play.

It's a little wider than my Peavey, but the guitars are just different. It depends what mood I am in.

Pickups are what you would expect, responsive, and loud ! Whammy bar is great, as it has suffered some serious abuse from players who can do the whammy more justice than I can, yet it still stayed in tune.

I went shopping for another one with my brother and we couldn't find anything as nice as this one, and we played Ibanez's up to a grand and over in price. He was always after buying this one off me and I came close when money got tight a few times. Glad I managed to keep hold of her, as I'd be gutted to lose her.

Psycho broke the neck on her but she was replaced and plays better than before, probably because she got a great set up in the process.

I love the guitar...

There's my crap review for ya mate. Just wish you could play her to see what I mean... Actions speak louder than my words mate !

Nice wood floors dude!!! High buff? Wow!

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mab8485 said:

Beauty...but go get some new knob for it...though i prefer a hum at the neck...simply awesome! RG-550

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Wow ! Thanx guys !

smilmshady842 : I never thought she looked like a Jem before, but I guess she's pretty pointy looking, isn't she ?

I still have the broken neck that got glued together that I've still yet to decide what to do with. Some custom feature would be nice, but haven't thought of anything yet. I did think maybe to make it into a coat hanger, key rack, or door handle, but the angled headstock makes all of these a little difficult...

mab, I love the guitar, especially the inlays on it. Great looking guitar there !

stiglar, cheers. I'm guessing that you are on about how I clean them ? I don't. The wife does ! :lol: Nah, just one of those special swisher things does the trick along with the odd mop and bucket every once in a while.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
i just bought a used rg550ltd.. very reliable edge bridge.. neck is perfect for fast licks and also chord work..very stable guitar...killer looks too!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
um.... havent taken any photos of it yet cuz i just got it very recently..sorry...but its just the basic RG550 but with shark inlays and edge bridge... and gold ibanez logo...
very VERY playable hehe

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
actually i just found a pic.. here.. my ibanez RG550ltd..
its got dimarzios (fred and pafpro)

http://www.yoursite.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=13474.mp3

·
Registered
610 Posts
Here is my rg2570 ex.:D This is my 3rd ibanez and my favourite. Plays and sounds amazingly. I also replaced the stock pu's with a evo and a breed.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ibanezlover said:
Here is my rg2570 ex.:D This is my 3rd ibanez and my favourite. Plays and sounds amazingly. I also replaced the stock pu's with a evo and a breed.
Now thats what i like rg-2570 ex

1 - 20 of 61 Posts