Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
  • Hello guitar enthusiasts! We are pleased to announce an Ask Me Anything discussion thread with Dutch musician Arjen Lucassen. The AMA will be going live on Tuesday, August 10th, and will run until August 12th, and can be found here. Don't miss out!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have the show from the following night [same venue].. if so, could you post it as that's John McGeoch's last Banshees performance. For some reason I always thought this show was his last, but they done a second night. Fuck knows what happened when they started playing Spellbound...this could well be the beginning of the end for McGeoch right there. Apparently he was hitting the booze in a big way and fucking up on stage. Siouxsie and Steve weren't going to stand for that, now were they?

Siouxsie and the Banshees
Rock Ola
Madrid ESP
29th October 1982

SATB-1982,29Oct-madrid,rock ola

[intro]
Israel
she's a carnival
fireworks
green fingers
nightshift
sin in my heart
but not them
painted bird
cascade
arabian knights
spellbound [fucks up]
spellbound
voodoo dolly

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
I guess playing with Siouxsie you can sorta tell if he screws up but if McGeoch were playing with Crass could you really tell the difference ???

cheers !!!

thank you !!!

·
Registered
882 Posts
"Does anybody have the show from the following night [same venue].. if so, could you post it as that's John McGeoch's last Banshees performance. For some reason I always thought this show was his last, but they done a second night. Fuck knows what happened when they started playing Spellbound...this could well be the beginning of the end for McGeoch right there. Apparently he was hitting the booze in a big way and fucking up on stage. Siouxsie and Steve weren't going to stand for that, now were they?
"
Ive always heard Siouxsie give the "nervous breakdown" explanation.

apparently youtube is your friend:

Siouxsie and the Banshees en Rock-Ola, 30 10 1982
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TJscLdXo-0

pm me if you cant download from youtube and need a link.
now that youve got me obsessed with the idea of hearing mcgeochs last gig with siouxsie i'll make a post if I find one in good quality with split files...

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've just been sent a copy of the last show...split tracks, i'll post it later tonight... keep your eyes peeled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts